Soul Calibur VI

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Soul Calibur VI

Post by skyrish10 »

Hope this one goes very well like Soul Calibur II, III or IV and not like V or Lost Swords. The trailer looks very good so far IMO.

Update: A gameplay preview video was added
Last edited by skyrish10 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancso

Re: Soul Calibur VI

Post by Dancso »

I've seen the first one. Lost all interest for fighting games over a decade ago.
I did hear in advance that the game awards were going to announce a 6th game in a big franchise which made me cross fingers for Elder Scrolls or maybe GTA.. I'm utterly disappointed
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Dancso wrote:I've seen the first one. Lost all interest for fighting games over a decade ago.
I did hear in advance that the game awards were going to announce a 6th game in a big franchise which made me cross fingers for Elder Scrolls or maybe GTA.. I'm utterly disappointed
TES6 is not going to happen anytime soon, it was confirmed by Bethesda. It will happen but it's quite a ways off. GTA6 might never happen because of how much money Rockstar is making with GTA Online right now.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looks pretty good! Hopefully it launches with a bit more content than Tekken 7 had though.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

After Tekken 7 it was only natural that a new Soul Calibur was going to happen sooner or later. I can say that i'm happy about it.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

This is almost enough to make me try to learn how to play these games on an interface other than a coin-op arcade terminal.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I feel that both Soul Calibur and Tekken have been kinda downgraded when it comes to the amounts of contents during the recent years.

Soul Calibur 1,2,3 had a lot to offer,a good amount of characters,costumes and weapons,lots of different modes,especially adventure themed modes that are quite lengthy and fun to play. (like Weapon Master mode in SC2 and Chronicles of the sword mode in SC3)

Soul Calibur 4 was great too,but i feel that's when it started to have a bit less contents,there wasnt any true adventure mode like the previous 2 i mentioned and there's wasnt much new clothing options for Create a character,most of them were re-used assets from Soul Calibur 3.

As for Soul Calibur 5,we can all agree that it was downgraded even more,sure it had a story mode tough it was quite 'meh' i must say,but there was no adventure mode,the create a character still used old assets from Soul Calibur 3 and im not too sure what to say about some of the veteran characters being replaced by new successors.

As for Tekken,it's doing kinda alright i guess,but i wish Yoshimitu had a bit more to offer when it come to clothing options ? (would be nice to have something more akin to T1+T2 Classic Yoshimitsu with a japanese Hannya mask instead of the whole alien look he has in the more recent installments)

https://img00.deviantart.net/1743/i/201 ... 7nihru.png (fan recreation of T1 Player 1 Yoshimitsu Costume)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/f8/1f ... 7887c5.jpg (T4 Player 2 Yoshimitsu Costume)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5WDxpf_Phew/maxresdefault.jpg (fan recreation of T2 Player 1 Yoshimitsu costume)

So yeah,for Soul Calibur 6 to succeed,it will need to have both a good story mode and adventure mode,an improved create a character mode with lots of brand new assets,also maybe keep both veteran characters and newcomers by letting them using the same slots. (exemple:having both Taki and Natsu in the same character slot,with one being the default and the other an alternative,of course they would have their own voices and intro/outro animations,as for Sophitia,Cassandra and Pyrrha,one of them would share a character slot with another and the remaining one would have her own slot.)

So yeah,let's hope SC6 will be great or at least better than SC5.
skyrish10

Post by skyrish10 »

Freaklore1 wrote:also maybe keep both veteran characters and newcomers by letting them using the same slots. (exemple:having both Taki and Natsu in the same character slot,with one being the default and the other an alternative,of course they would have their own voices and intro/outro animations,as for Sophitia,Cassandra and Pyrrha,one of them would share a character slot with another and the remaining one would have her own slot.)
I think so, Tekken did that with Christie and Kuma in the same slot as Eddy and Panda respectively before it become separate slots in later titles.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

But seriously,Yoshimitsu is becoming more and more like an alien with each Tekken installments,only in Soul Calibur that he still has a samurai-esque look.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Here's hoping they don't MTX off the creation suite.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Tekken 2 Yoshimitsu is the best Yoshimitsu in my opinion. I really don't understand the need of changing his visual every new installment.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Please tell me there's no lame ass cameos in this one.
skyrish10

Post by skyrish10 »

Update:

Kilik, Xianghua and Nightmare are back.

Also the mysterious guy from the last trailer is Groh.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Glad they kept Nightmare SC2/5 similar design for his armor and soul edge sword,that's the one that most peoples prefer,but at the same time they also made it more epic with the badass cape,that's very Gut's like. (Berserk)

Seem that the devs are indeed bringing back the veteran characters,they probably heard and understood that peoples werent really interested with the replacing newcomers in SC5.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

and also...

Return to “Off-Topic”