The Net Neutrality topic thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jeimuzu73

The Net Neutrality topic thread

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Because Rachael closed down the last topic due to heavy politicking, I'm starting a new one so we can continue discussing about the ongoing net neutrality controversy. I'd advise we stick to the issue itself while keeping other political stuff out as much as possible so we can last at least a couple pages. Hell, if Doomworld can do it, I'm sure we can too.

Personally, I'm right now ambivalent to the issue. On one hand, I agree that the access to information on the internet should not be artificially restricted in terms of the speed of transmission and the type of content being shown, and that net neutrality is vital in keeping this. But on the other hand, I am dubious about the supposed effects this will have on the overall usage of the internet, and against placing the entirety of the matter into the hands of the government (does anyone else remember SOPA? We knew how that turned out).

So there. No heavy politicking, and I'm sure you can do it too. Jokes like the one I made in the previous thread about loot boxes are fine though.
Trance

Re: The Net Neutrality topic thread

Post by Trance »

The one desire I have for this world is that rich CEOs make as much money and have as much power over me as possible. Vote no on Net Neutrality.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Trance wrote:The one desire I have for this world is that rich CEOs make as much money and have as much power over me as possible. Vote no on Net Neutrality.
I take it that you are being sarcastic?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

The previous thread got closed so this one is as well. This was definitely going to go the same way as last time and both are proof that we can't have just net neutrality discussions.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

There's even a specific rule about it so I'm not sure how this seemed like a good idea. :?

(That post is good reading, I highly recommend it.)

Return to “Off-Topic”