So COD:WWII is out, and unsurprisingly, it's not great

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Freaklore1

Re: So COD:WWII is out, and unsurprisingly, it's not great

Post by Freaklore1 »

Here's my tought on the COD franchise,i find it pretty much average,it's not bad but it's not that great either.

And this is coming from someone who started playing those games since 2014-2015 (except COD 2 Big Red One and 3 that i had on the original Xbox since middle 2000's) so the games have already been out for awhile when i jumped in,also i played Combat Arms by Nexon on my PC before those.

I have MW1,MW2,MW3,WaW,BO1,BO2,Ghost and AW,all on the PS3,also i have all Dlcs except for AW.

Before i started playing the games,i already knew the reputation the franchise had,that lots of peoples played it and that there was lots of toxic players and underaged players.

My favorites are WaW,BO1 and BO2 (technically only those made by Treyarch wich if i remember also worked on Return to Castle Wolfenstein,so that's a developping team that i like and they know their s*** when it comes to WW2 at least)

As for the innacuracies in Sledgehammer COD WW2,i dont really mind it that much,womens did take part during WW2 but not on the frontlines only in the smaller and more discret kind of conflicts. (Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground on the PS1 are good examples of that with Manon character)
TheFerries

Post by TheFerries »

Well Im disappointed, after Battlefield 1's Suprisingly decent Campaign mod I was expecting COD to do the same.. since CODWW2 seems to be an answer to BF1

I loved the Original Cod 1 and Cod 2, Cod 3 was fun (but those QTE moments sucked ass), MW1 and MW2 were also a lot of fun, even if it got quite cheesy in some moments, but MW3 and onwards, it was for me when the series jumped the shark (specially with that dumb plot twist).
I remember BO1 being quite glitchy, and BO2 was ok, never played BO3 and onwards cus I got bored of being the same thing released always and always, only now with a famous movie actor to spice things up.

Infinite Warfare was just COD not knowing what the hell to do anymore, and the MW1 remaster was a cold ass cashgrab (with less maps and no mod support!)
When I saw the trailer for WW2 i was honestly excited for it, even for its inconsistencies. I thought this was going to be a back to its roots game, In a similar vein to COD 2, which im all for

BUT NOPE!!
I guess i could say the tried, like they brought healthbars back from COD 1.
But the story is just a mess, the voice acting is great at least
So many scripted events where for some reason your character just doesnt fucking die even if its being shot on his goddamn face (realistic)
A whole plethora of glitches, which quite surprises me, cus at least most of the Single Players in COD werent a glitchy mess (except for BO1 on its release)
And they brought back those crappy QTEs from COD 3!

So yeah, Color me Dissapointed (hey at least is not much of a mess as Battlefront 2's Single player), and I dont care for the Multiplayer (unless its 25v25 on Shipment in the original MW1)

Back To COD 2 it is!
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

More like... CLOD - amirite?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

At least they're pretty creative with the supply drop weapon variants: https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/ ... ns_ingame/
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I can't tell if they're actual variations (in which cas eit's "too many machine guns" to the extreme) or just model "skins", I.E. the illusion of variety.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

This WW2-stuff is so damn boring and overused, I don't really see the point of buying all such games, far enough if I buy one and play it - there, I've played one WW2 shooter, I've played them all.

It would be nice, if the CoD-series could take a twist towards sci-fi and hi-tech weaponry. I'd love to see molecule exciters, particle cannons or sci-fi Bullshit Rifles in action, which shoot LAZORZ. Pew pew pew! Designing such a game actually requires imagination, as opposed to digging up rusty old WW2 war equipment, and re-using them countless times.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:This WW2-stuff is so damn boring and overused, I don't really see the point of buying all such games, far enough if I buy one and play it - there, I've played one WW2 shooter, I've played them all.

It would be nice, if the CoD-series could take a twist towards sci-fi and hi-tech weaponry. I'd love to see molecule exciters, particle cannons or sci-fi Bullshit Rifles in action, which shoot LAZORZ. Pew pew pew! Designing such a game actually requires imagination, as opposed to digging up rusty old WW2 war equipment, and re-using them countless times.
Except they've tried that, for the previous three entries. Didn't really help them be better games, IMO.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I think I know the reason for this: they re-used the old WW2 weapons logic on hi-tech stuff as well. Of course it'll look bland and boring. Making each weapon to do something special would be a great addition. If games like Eradicator could do it flawlessly back then, I don't see the reason why a much bigger development team with gigantic resources cannot...except if they do not want...
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

i actually didn't mind cod ww2 the campaign was enjoyable and the new war mode is fun too
Trisomia13

Post by Trisomia13 »

I have played in a friends place. and for me, every year is getting worse.
The one i enjoyed the most was codII for PC. And after the MW2 was fine. Buit these new ones...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

It's kinda like in the joke:

"My darling, it's really kind of you to cook up my favourite food. But we have been married for 10 years now, and you really should prepare something else now..." :D ;)
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I think you've nailed it on the head. This is why there are so many mods for DooM. We love the game, but want to try some different spices.

Return to “Off-Topic”