Wackiest game suggestions! (Add your own!)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Wackiest game suggestions! (Add your own!)

Post by DoomRater »

I just remembered there was a game called Mighty Jill Off that I had issues running in the past. You can search the name of this one- all the websites that point to it still exist, and it's as weird as I recall.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

RaiFighter wrote:Anyone with a PS2 owes it to themselves to get after a copy of God Hand.
Seconded, though only if you possess the God Thumbs. (Hell, I only beat it thanks to emulation and its ability to set turbo buttons...) Shame on Capcom for never so much as adding Gene to MvC. One for the list of "games that need a PC remaster"...

(Also I'm listening to the music from that right now. Great soundtrack.)
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

If we're going to go into Earthworm Jim territory, then we'll have to include Skullmonkeys on PS One. Hell of a weird/grody/HARD game. I played it when it was new, and found the jumping to be terrible! Funny enough, playing it in an emulator with a standard USB controller, the jumping is a lot easier! Weird . . .
I still suggest giving it a try for the laugh factor, though, especially with the cutscenes.
Best music in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0XOLM9FPw
Last edited by Naniyue on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Everybody please go play Pu-Li-Ru-La. It is the most batshit-insane arcade beat-em-up I've ever seen (especially if you play the Japanese version), with everything from magic wands and pink elephants, to worrisome digitized photos of the staff making weird faces.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I'm used to Japanese wackiness, but Pu Li Ru La really does take the cake!
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

Propeller Simulator
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Ubermosh and it's 4 sequels, a simple game that involves shooting and sword slicing, but the aesthetic, setting and implied story is quite surreal.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Maybe it's all a matter of perception, but some of these games (LSD and Only If) seem more weird than wacky. Ubermosh comes off as more gritty than anything else to me. Parodius is unmistakably wacky, Pu-Li-Ru-La is both weird and wacky, and MDK does have its oddball moments. I think that by wacky, I mean noticeably light hearted and humorous, and maybe even a little cute. Among DooM mods I'd suggest, naturally, Shadow of the Wool Ball, as well as Golden Souls. Russian Overkill (those weapons are hilarious!), Mayhem Mansion, and especially Reelism all feel wacky to me as well.

Return to “Off-Topic”