Need help with PC Freezing issues.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Need help with PC Freezing issues.

Post by leileilol »

I'd think that temporary freeze would be autosaving... though I never used a Photoshop past 4. All of my production performance hiccups are usually autosaving
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by R4L »

Amuscaria, that link you posted to the Microsoft article helped me out at work today! 8-)

We had a machine that kept freezing whenever a technician ran the BGA station attached. Event log showed the same error, and the VB script fixed it.

Did you run the script in an elevated command prompt?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

R4L wrote:Amuscaria, that link you posted to the Microsoft article helped me out at work today! 8-)

We had a machine that kept freezing whenever a technician ran the BGA station attached. Event log showed the same error, and the VB script fixed it.

Did you run the script in an elevated command prompt?
Glad to hear! I ran it in Admin command prompt, if that's what you mean. Had to, it gives an error if I don't.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Ok it appears I've celebrated prematurely. After about a month or more without a hitch, the computer froze on Youtube while using Opera. This time, after I turned it off, it won't turn on again. I have no idea what is broken this time. I Can force it to start by removing the CMOS battery and reinserting it after disconnecting everything, but It resetsthe settings on my motherboard.

I get a message telling me that everything was reset to default ans asks me to press F1 to config or F2 to continue. Pressing F1 goes to th motherboard settings. But presing F2 just shuts my computer off and I am once again unable to start it again. After a econd complete reset Iwent into F1 to configure the boot drive. I chose the HD with the boot disk and click exit and save. It then shuts my computer off again and I'm back to square one. Not sure if something is effed up with my motherboard or the Bootdisk is fried for some reason, as I can't turn the computer on at all without a full reset. The power is working, since the mouse lights remain on, so I don't think its the power supply.

Any ideas?

Update: The computer just fixed itself....somehow. O_o
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That's not the computer fixing itself. That's clearly a hardware defect - but what it is isn't exactly clear - possibly the motherboard, possibly the CPU.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Rachael wrote:That's not the computer fixing itself. That's clearly a hardware defect - but what it is isn't exactly clear - possibly the motherboard, possibly the CPU.
Indeed, but I would guess it's either the gpu or the psu (CPUs are kinda hard to get broken).

If your cpu has an integrated gpu, I'd sugest to test the gpu/psu in a working computer.

When it failed to load, did it showed anything under the screen or some kind of beep?

EDIT: I once had on my desktop a weird iuse with reseting the bios, for some reason on the second boot the bios set the ram clock higher than it should be so the bios hang, I had to reset the bios and force it to use the correct ram clock >.>.
AND if you have some external usb drive that has more than 30GB of internal storage, remove it from the usb, some bios have some weird legacy config that hangs if enabled and you attached a "big" external drive
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah I forgot about the PSU. Having a bad one of those will cause the computer to shut down randomly, too.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Rachael wrote:Yeah I forgot about the PSU. Having a bad one of those will cause the computer to shut down randomly, too.
It's most likely not the PSU. I've had the computer one for hours now and its fine. I'm guessing something is effed up with either the Motherboard, or the CPU (though more likely the Mobo). I'm taking in the computer to a computer repair place later this week just to be sure.

Return to “Off-Topic”