Games that we don't got a western release

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Games that we don't got a western release

Post by skyrish10 »

Well we have threads about bad games to avoid and underrated games that are fun and also considered 'hidden gems' in off-topic section,then here's another one a thread where we can suggest games that were only released in Japan (and other parts of Asia such as Korea and China) and not came over here in the US or Europe for a lot of reasons, but you can import them from that country if you're an Otaku fegit like me and playing those in Japanese.

I would like to start with Valkyria Chronicles III: The Unrecorded Chroicles on the PSP by SEGA:

The game plays like alot like from the first two games of the series with some new elements inbetween and take place in the same events as the first one.

This game certainly deserve more recognitions in the west, but the reason why we don't got this game over here in the West is because the disappointing sales of the second game (Valkyria Chronicles II), so yeah. Fortunately there's a fan translation available in the internet

Any Japan-only games you guys would like to suggest ?
Last edited by skyrish10 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Games that we don't got a western release

Post by leileilol »

Seiken Denetsu 3

Spoiler:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'm a bit disappointed that we only ever got one of the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku spinoffs, and it had to be the damn zombie one. Ishin and Kenzan looked amazing.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Well, how about that Transformers game for the Famicom? :D "Mystery of Optimus Prime" maybe? Yes, the one which requires a full bottle of Mitchell's Hot Sauce to complete!
skyrish10

Post by skyrish10 »

Reactor wrote:Well, how about that Transformers game for the Famicom? :D "Mystery of Optimus Prime" maybe? Yes, the one which requires a full bottle of Mitchell's Hot Sauce to complete!
There's a AVGN video of that

Speaking of Japan-only Transformers games, there's also Transformers: The Headmasters for the Famicom Disk System (a Japan-only addon for the Famicom) and the other one based on the original 1980s cartoon for the PlayStation 2 (not the other one that came in the US and Europe with the same title, which is part of the Armada series)
wildweasel wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that we only ever got one of the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku spinoffs, and it had to be the damn zombie one. Ishin and Kenzan looked amazing.
Yakuza: Dead Souls?
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Mother 1 and 3. (Earthbound 0 and 2 if you want)
Fire Emblems 1-6, though Nintendo is doing a good job of remaking them into both updated and available games. Though the remake of Mystery of the Emblem was Japan only for some odd reason, even though Shadow Dragon was the same engine sooooooo.
skyrish10

Post by skyrish10 »

isaacpop23 wrote:Though the remake of Mystery of the Emblem was Japan only for some odd reason, even though Shadow Dragon was the same engine sooooooo
Well the original one wasn't released in the West is most likely the reason why the remake of Mystery of the Emblem wasn't came over here
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

isaacpop23 wrote:Mother 1
Did in 2015.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Clock Tower: The First Fear.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

skyrish10 wrote: Well the original one wasn't released in the West is most likely the reason why the remake of Mystery of the Emblem wasn't came over here
Well the first FE wasn't in the west either, but Shadow Dragon, it's remake, got a western release. And though it's a bit more of a stretch for this argument, Echoes was a remake of Gaiden which was also never released in western areas.
leileilol wrote:
isaacpop23 wrote:Mother 1
Did in 2015.
What? I need to look things up then. Good to know!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

isaacpop23 wrote:What? I need to look things up then. Good to know!
To provide some actual info, it was released for the Wii U's online store service under the name "Earthbound Beginnings". It's largely identical to the old leaked "Earthbound Zero" ROM.

As for games that never reached the US, there is only one true answer that you all need to accept.

OUT OF BOUNDS, ON THE FULL
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

SegaSonic the Hedgehog.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and the two prequel games that has the first part released during the middle 2015. It was called The Great Ace Attorney, I think.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Metal Wolf Chaos for the Xbox of all things. I went through hell and high water to softmod my console just to be able to play this game and it was worth it just for the sheer cheesiness of it all. If it isn't one of the titles available on the X1's back-compat I'll be pissed.

Speaking of Japan-only Xbox games, any number of 2D shooters on the 360. Whilst a lot of them are region-free, a lot aren't and some of the region-free ones are serious money. I have a few - Espgaluda II Black, DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou and the two Bullet Soul games, but my wallet sadly can't extend to stuff like Muchi Muchi Pork.

@Kinsie: I don't think the PS2 Gaelic Football games made it Stateside, either ...
skyrish10

Post by skyrish10 »

scalliano wrote: Metal Wolf Chaos for the Xbox of all things. I went through hell and high water to softmod my console just to be able to play this game and it was worth it just for the sheer cheesiness of it all. If it isn't one of the titles available on the X1's back-compat I'll be pissed.

@Kinsie: I don't think the PS2 Gaelic Football games made it Stateside, either ...
Well, Metal Wolf Chaos is made by the same guys who made Dark Souls (including the precursor Demon's Souls and inspiring one called Bloodborne) and Armored Core games, which are released in the west. I wonder why Metal Wolf Chaos wasn't released over here

The Gaelic Football games were only released in the Republic of Ireland, but it's obviously part of Europe.

There's alot of Japan-only games available on the Sega Saturn, all because of the poor marketing sales of the Saturn in the US and SEGA of America policy to not allow RPG games and other Japanese titles

Return to “Off-Topic”