I was in... A huge car wreck..... I lost.....my fiancee...

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Reactor

Re: I was in... A huge car wreck..... I lost.....my fiancee.

Post by Reactor »

I wish I could cheer you up somehow, it's terrible to see you such way. You were always bright and positive in your comments, as far as I can remember. This utter hopelessness was really unlike you before :(
Partially, I can understand how you feel, I am in your shoes for 17 years now...sorta. The only difference is, the love of my life is perfectly alive and healthy, but I never had the chance to even date her. I tried everything to forget her, believe you me, and nothing worked. I still miss her, much like you miss your sweetheart now. These are feelings do not pass so easily, I can't forget what we claimed as ours. I seriously hope your calvary shall not last as long as mine.

My good henchman Zsole visited me today, and he also expressed his condolence to you.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

RexS wrote:There was no road rage here... For the record... I was passenger laughing having fun on vaca.... Someone lost control in rain and hit us head on

Damn... It just shows that bad luck and the worst could happen to people. And for that to take your fiancee... Really sorry about this, man. You have my condolences.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@RexS: (in response to the last post on the last page, I didn't want to quote the whole thing) -

I know how that feels. To wake up every day, to have the love of your life right next to you. I know how your life changes to revolve around them, much like the way you say it.

I also quite understand the whole "Why the fuck am I here?" thing. Believe me, I've gone through that bit before, and though I cannot fully understand how you are feeling, I can definitely say some individual parts of it are reflective of my past experiences.

Let's make this clear though: All of my ex's are still alive, so I do not know what it's like to lose a loved one through death. I am not trying to pretend to know, either.

But I can't say this without sounding like a heartless asshole. Bear in mind, I do say this with all the love and sympathy in the world, and with all the understanding I can muster for what you're going through. But you are alive because of you.

If you want to call it a religious intervention, so be it. God has other plans for you. You weren't supposed to vanish away with your fiancee - you were kept on this Earth for another purpose. These things may often be coincidences, but when it comes even from my own spiritual views, even I will acknowledge that I fully believe it goes a little further than that.

Who knows what that purpose is. Maybe it's to make a difference in some young person's life. Maybe you are to save another person from suffering a similar fate. Nevertheless, your continued presence has some importance, and it is only when you are ready that you will understand what it is.

That's not to say your fiancee's death isn't tragic. It was, and it's something that I believe never should've happened. But you were saved. Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I do believe there was a reason for that. To put it another way - "it is not yet your time."
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That is hard.

I have no gift for words for things like this, so if they're any help here are those of a much better man if you haven't read them already.

I've also found myself turning to this reading more when dealing with good people suddenly being taken from us:
The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and no torment will ever touch them. In the eyes of the foolish they seemed to have died, and their departure was thought to be an affliction, and their going from us to be their destruction; but they are at peace. For though in the sight of men they were punished, their hope is full of immortality. Having been disciplined a little, they will receive great good, because God tested them and found them worthy of himself; like gold in the furnace he tried them, and like a sacrificial burnt offering he accepted them. In the time of their visitation they will shine forth, and will run like sparks through the stubble. They will govern nations and rule over peoples, and the Lord will reign over them for ever. Those who trust in him will understand truth, and the faithful will abide with him in love, because grace and mercy are upon his elect, and he watches over his holy ones.
This, and Psalm 88.
Who knows what that purpose is. Maybe it's to make a difference in some young person's life. Maybe you are to save another person from suffering a similar fate. Nevertheless, your continued presence has some importance, and it is only when you are ready that you will understand what it is.
Best advice on this thread. Being there for someone, even just as an example of how someone even could live for another as you have, could make a greater difference than you might ever realize.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Back when I was in some deep shit I lost hope for myself, but it felt like it was not the end. So I stuck around to help others. Looking back at it, I've piled up more successes than failures. If you can't directly help yourself, go help others. That would help you, too. There is always a reason to push forward. That's my tested advice. Pretty sure it works.

Tell you what, I recommend joining our Discord. I have a very strong feeling it's gonna help.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Not to take a dump on your advice but in my experience, helping others after experiencing a personal tragedy only reminds me that I'm still fucked while others are not due to my help. I understand you are meant to take away the happiness of helping someone else, but sometimes you get the other way of looking at it where you see yourself still screwed. Maybe that is describing a pessimist, in which case I am one then.

But, I mean whatever works. If you like helping people and it makes you feel better then go at it.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

You are correct. The personal tragedy remains. The idea is to get your mind off current events for long enough to find just a little bit of happiness - enough to give you room to stand up and think clearly, as much as that's possible. One thing is true for sure: the more you think about it, the worse it's going to get. Closing your eyes doesn't fix the problem, but neither does staring at it. From my experience, helping other people seems to be the fastest way to get distracted and find some happiness, both at the same time. If knowing that someone else's got it better thanks to your help, and that alone gives you some hope, then all the better.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I commend you for making it this far. My wife had a heart attack and I couldn't hold myself together at the thought of losing her...I was so out of it that I didn't know she was out of surgery until about an hour after. I know I am just a stranger, but feel free to message me about ANYTHING AT ALL. I am so sorry for your loss. My best energy is with you.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I'm not bothered by anyone trying to reach me/msg me. I'm not ... I'm not doing well up in my head. It is very dark and very scary. Loved ones, friends and family etc. do help... but it feels like I can no longer connect to anyone or any kind of positive feelings. Like the receptors in my brain can no longer feel feelings that are positive. Food, cars, music... nothing matters to me anymore.

I feel like I'm dead. Or that I should have died in the accident. I am grateful to be spared by the Lord, but at the depth of it... I'm not...

I don't know. I appreciate everything you guys are saying.. at least I know I appreciate it, as if I was controlling myself in 3rd Person (like Max Payne style video game), even if I don't feel the actual feeling in my body.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Sweet Jesus, that's terrible. I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say without it sounding empty. I can't imagine what's going on in your head right now and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. All I can do is offer my condolences and wish you well in this dark time. Hang in there, man.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I've only been watching this thread from afar because I have so little to say about the topic.

I've lost a good friends to a car accident. Despite that closeness there are days I forget he existed. Perhaps I'm heartless, perhaps my memory issues keep me from getting too attached to anyone. It's been a long time since I sat back to play the only Def Jam song that quite reminds me what his life looked like, at least from his eyes.

I have some idea what I'd do if my fiance died on me. Though... now that my life is a bit stuck in Vermont, it'll be much different from what I imagined only a year or two ago. Originally, I figured I'd just get back into fighting. Now, I'd be taking care of a dog nearly 24/7. I don't know what would be worse for me though.
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

Ah man, such, such a tragedy. I don't know you, but the very thought of someone losing his beloved somebody makes me shiver. I really can not imagine what you're going through. Stay strong, we are with you.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello RexS, I think we have not met on any forum thread, but after reading about this tragedy, I would like to offer you my most deepest condolences...

Seriously, I feel very sorry about what happened to you. Life is so cruel sometimes... It's terrible... and unfair... :sadno:

Please stay strong and receive my best wishes. I hope sincerely you can get over it someday...
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I appreciate everything you guys have written to me...

I see a therapist tomorrow. I'm going to go, but I don't really see the point. That was my freaking wife... the other half of my life. Why I woke up in the morning. Why I worked two jobs. I cleaned my guns and lifted weights at the gym to protect her. I don't see the point in "getting better" when the end result is still me in this world without the love of my life.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I ... had a dream about her last night... I was holding her and telling her "I had this crazy dream that you were dead!" and she replied to me "That is pretty crazy, wow..." and we were loving on each other (just relief that she was alive holding her type love) and then I became lucid and I was like wait a minute..... this isn't real is it.... this is a dream isn't it... no damnit damnit damnit fuck fuck fuck FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I woke up screaming and crying and I've been crying all morning.

This is getting really fucking old. I'm getting tired of suffering like this. This is becoming pointless.

Return to “Off-Topic”