The Humble Game Maker Bundle is back!

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
60dollartechdemo

The Humble Game Maker Bundle is back!

Post by 60dollartechdemo »

Wasn't sure if I should bump the old thread from when this happened last year, but I decided not to risk the moderator's wrath.

There's another Humble Game Maker Bundle on right now, where you can once again get Gamemaker Studio Pro for just $1. At the $15 tier you get that, plus the otherwise expensive Android, HTML5, iOS and (*snicker*) UWP exporters, along with two rather bad indie pixel-art horror games made in the engine (including the source code to one that is ironically quite a buggy mess, as I recall).

Of course, GM: Studio is getting a big 2.0 version soon, that you need to pay for in order to upgrade (in fact, it may already be out) so this is perhaps less of a big deal than it was last year. Nonetheless, GM: Studio 1.x has powered some pretty noteworthy indie games, like Hotline Miami, and is a great way to get started with game development (especially with Gunpoint developer Tom Francis' video tutorials on YouTube).
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Humble Game Maker Bundle is back!

Post by Kinsie »

60dollartechdemo wrote:Of course, GM: Studio is getting a big 2.0 version soon, that you need to pay for in order to upgrade (in fact, it may already be out)
It's been out since March.
60dollartechdemo

Post by 60dollartechdemo »

Okay, maybe I should've actually checked that first in order to mitigate the risk of looking like an idiot. It doesn't look as if they're normally selling GM: Studio 1.4 anymore, so this may be the last chance for anyone to get it. The upgrade price to the new version is $60, though there are also separate upgrade prices for the different exporter modules (which are considerably more expensive).

Eh. This bundle might still be a good and inexpensive way for someone to cut their teeth on game development. Then again, Unity and UE4 are both more capable and free to boot...
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

60dollartechdemo wrote:Then again, Unity and UE4 are both more capable and free to boot...
Unless you want a commercial license, which is part of GMS's cost to begin with.

Return to “Off-Topic”