Q2's Gound Zero no elevators bug.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
scalliano

Re: Q2's Gound Zero no elevators bug.

Post by scalliano »

MaxED wrote:What is it with users being self-entitled idiots these days?
Did you really think that a) I would guess that you were playing M64 using a controller b) I would adjust the HARD difficulty to be easy enough to be played this way (also making it ridiculously easy when played using the intended control method)?
WOAH!! I wasn't aiming that comment at you! This has nothing to do with my posts on the M64 thread. If you must know, I was referring to a certain other game's modding community which was very nearly decapitated by a recent C&D purely because the developers of the one and only available toolkit insisted on closed source.

For the record, I was only playing M64 on Normal, and I never tested it on controller because I had a hard enough time trying to manage the super-Berserkers in the cramped space station maps with KBM. Granted, my posts may have come off as snarky, mainly because I was still heated when I posted them, and for what it's worth, I apologise, but seriously, there's no need to rip my goddamn head off.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Enough!

MaxED: You were way out of line - every time I see you post you are working yourself into becoming this community's sore spot. Whatever feelings you have over the past, you really need to start getting over them. Your extremely helpful status to the community due to your authorship over the GZDoomBuilder branch is not going to grant you immunity here to treat people like imbeciles. I'd prefer to remember you as one of the more helpful members of the community despite your recent attitude, but if you keep this up I'm going to instead only remember all this recent stuff from you - is that what you really want?

Scalliano: Please - calm down. Posts like that cause other people to get angry, and attack either you or MaxED, causing an escalation, causing a shitstorm that will have to be locked and split. Let's not take it that far, please?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Sorry, Rachael, I've said my piece. I was just shocked, that's all.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

scalliano wrote:For the record, I was only playing M64 on Normal.
You were playing with monsters/items placement matching the Hard difficulty setting from the N64 version, because that was the only placement implemented at the time.
Current build also has the placement for Medium difficulty setting implemented in all finished maps. I've checked the first 4 maps of N64 version on Easy, but the monsters/items placement seemed identical to Medium. I guess that's true for the rest of the maps, but any additional info on that is welcomed.
Also, Berserk (and Flyer) running speed is now affected by difficulty settings (vanilla on Easy to 1.5x faster on Hard for Berserk, vanilla on Easy to 2x faster on Hard for Flyer).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MaxED wrote:I've checked the first 4 maps of N64 version on Easy, but the monsters/items placement seemed identical to Medium. I guess that's true for the rest of the maps, but any additional info on that is welcomed.
IIRC, Easy mode on N64 primarily differs in monster/entity behavior, most notably that grunts and Enforcers will not make "last stand" attacks while dying. I suspect damage values are different as well but have no hard evidence for that.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

MaxED wrote:
scalliano wrote:For the record, I was only playing M64 on Normal.
You were playing with monsters/items placement matching the Hard difficulty setting from the N64 version, because that was the only placement implemented at the time.
Current build also has the placement for Medium difficulty setting implemented in all finished maps. I've checked the first 4 maps of N64 version on Easy, but the monsters/items placement seemed identical to Medium. I guess that's true for the rest of the maps, but any additional info on that is welcomed.
Also, Berserk (and Flyer) running speed is now affected by difficulty settings (vanilla on Easy to 1.5x faster on Hard for Berserk, vanilla on Easy to 2x faster on Hard for Flyer).
Ah, that explains a lot - my original thought was that the monster placements were being shifted up a skill to give PC players a challenge (an idea I would not have objected to, personally). I could certainly handle either extra monsters or augmented ones, but TBH I'm just not that great at Q2 to handle both at once, no matter what control scheme I'm using.

Return to “Off-Topic”