If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Where does ransomware come from?

Post by Hellser »

As Rachael said in this thread, and I've said before. Keep your operating system up to date. Windows, Linux and Macs all have vulnerabilities. Turning off Windows Update because "it bothers me in the middle of doing something" is, in my opinion and borrowing Graf's words here: an inane reason.
Spoiler: Rant
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Nash wrote:On the one hand, no one can go wrong to be extra cautious when it comes to cyber security, regardless of attack trends... on the other hand, if everyone in the world is too chill about it, it'll make attacks easier to execute and of course the scaremongerers get to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!".

Meh, if something big was going to happen, there most probably won't be any gradual lead-ups... personally, if I wanted to attack my enemies, I'd like to get them when they'd least expect it. One, two, BOOM. :P
While I agree with you that you can't be too careful when it comes to security, his comments had little to do with that and were leading to something else. It's always one thing or another that leads to some sort of conspiracy or "big thing coming" - if we lived every day in fear of every minor event that took place the stress alone would kill us by age 40.

You can exercise caution without fear. And even if you are scared, there's no reason to turn it into the next big thing. It's been more than 8 months since people thought the world was going to end because of what happened in America. Little hint: we're still here. Seriously - relax.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Right... relax... sorry, I tend to overthink these things...
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

ransomware usually comes from emails an email attachments but it can also come bundled with downloaded progrms
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Rachael wrote:if we lived every day in fear of every minor event that took place the stress alone would kill us by age 40.

Too bad this isn't also true for politicians... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Graf Zahl wrote:Too bad this isn't also true for politicians... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Well considering some of them have pretty much sold their souls...

Return to “Off-Topic”