Killing Floor Free on Humble Store

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
isaacpop23

Killing Floor Free on Humble Store

Post by isaacpop23 »

As the title says, Killing Floor is free at the Humble Store, and as of writing there's about a day and a half left until it runs out and you have to pay for it again. I don't have much idea what it is outside of a shooter, but hey! Free game!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Killing Floor Free on Humble Store

Post by wildweasel »

Killing Floor is well worth getting for free if you're into arena survival FPS games. KF is less arcadey, slightly more "modern" in its approach, as players move relatively slowly, there are no crosshairs, etc, but is also a lot less of a simulation in that while you do have a "weight" limit for weapons, you won't be spending minutes dragging things in and out of your inventory like DayZ or PUBG.
Jeimuzu73

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Instantly got the game on the spot. Doom 3 BFG looks cheap enough to add to my collection too.
60dollartechdemo

Re: Killing Floor Free on Humble Store

Post by 60dollartechdemo »

Ah, I remember Killing Floor. Already own a boxed copy that I got in a Best Buy while I was still in high school. Was one of the few games being sold in stores at the time that could run remotely well on the crappy iMac I used to use. Still, it was a lot of fun, worth the $20 I spent on it.

Steam these days is absolutely flooded with dreadful zombie shooters, but this one came back when Valve had some actual quality control going on, and is still easily one of the best. Hell, I'd argue that it's better than Left 4 Dead in many aspects. Haven't tried the sequel, since I don't really buy Steam games anymore, but I've heard good things about it.

Return to “Off-Topic”