Poll about Fidget Spinners

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Do you have actually got a Fidget Spinner?

Yes, I bought one (or more) for myself, and it's cool!
10%
Yes, I bought one (or more) for my children or grandchildren.
No votes
Yes, I received it as a present on my birthday.
8%
Yes, but I just found one forgotten and/or lost by another person.
No votes
Yes, and I have realized some crazy & weird experiments with it (like some YouTubers)!
No votes
No, I don't spend my money on such nonsense.
57%
No, because I am too poor to buy it!
4%
Not now, because I gave it already to someone else.
No votes
What the heck is that? Can it be eaten?
10%
Other response (please detail it below).
12%

Total votes: 51

Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Poll about Fidget Spinners

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hope there is not a similar open thread over there, if so just sorry... :P

This one is a simple poll to know your opinions about this new (or should be said old?) rotative entertainment toy, defined also as a anti-stress instrument, for giving some of your personal experience about it, if you want of course... Have you bought one recently for your childrens or for yourself, do you think it's quite cool or perhaps it is just a nonsense or a transient trend like any others?

Please leave your votes upright, and thank you in advance for participating! 8-)
SouthernLion

Re: Poll about Fidget Spinners

Post by SouthernLion »

why
Trance

Post by Trance »

What's the FDA-approved ratio of fidgets to spins?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I've got one. My mom actually bought everybody one. Mainly for my niece and nephews, but she had to grab a few more for the rest of us once she saw they were changing hands pretty frequently. It's a fun little desktop toy, but I probably wouldn't go buy any expensive ones or collect them or anything. (I already collect enough weird stuff. Like a deck of cards shaped like Chinese Coke Zero bottles. Who would possibly get any use out of that?)
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

They're all well and good for people to mess around with, but they've gotten a negative connotation to me because of all the other people using them during class. Ignoring the noise they make, for some reason it just really bothers me when other people focus on those instead of the teacher speaking. Of course I've only used one once, so perhaps I simply don't understand the amazing appeal of them.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

I'm still mesmerized by Otamatones at the moment, so I haven't had the time to get familiar with this beyblade thing.
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

Meh. I'd rather toy with a toy dc motor or a glowstick.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

It cannot be eaten.
JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

Vaecrius wrote:It cannot be eaten.
There will be chocolate fidget spinners, I'm sure the candy craftsmen/women can come up with it!

Fidget spinners are one of those things all of a sudden I saw several people and places mention within a couple days, about a month ago. As far as I can tell this is a goof being played on us all. But if someone gave me one for free I would try it! I don't see this spinny thing solving any anxiety or whatnot of mine but who knows.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I was tempted to add them to Hideous Destructor as a way to keep a zerk-raging player from involuntarily pulling the trigger on their gun if they aren't doing anything else... but it required too much in resources and the delay in actually getting one's hand back onto the trigger when needed seemed to make it too gimmicky and add very little to gameplay (esp. compared to just selecting fists for the time being)
Nash

Post by Nash »

It's like the Tamagotchi craze back in the 90's all over again
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

It's a bit annoying an item that (supposedly) were designed for people with autism and adhd to fidget with so they can better concentrate on menial tasks have been banned from schools because they've become a giant memetic fad. Or was it just the fidget cube that was made for that?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

To be honest, the cynic in me can't help but feel that the fad wasn't the cause of that.
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

By the time this thread was written the fad already died, might as well just poke a hole through a plank with a stick and rotate it or just get a sevivon (that ancient Jewish toy that's traditionally being spinned around on Hanukkah by toddlers for amusement and the sake of remembering and celebrating a mircale god has cast upon the Jews to finally rest in the holy land), much cheaper and you can find these for free.
Nash

Post by Nash »

joe-ilya wrote:By the time this thread was written the fad already died
Seems to be a common trait of modern "memes" these days. What colour is the dress, how would a dog wear pants, dat boi, Harambe etc etc etc.

They don't make memes like they used to anymore. Back in my day... Image :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”