Metroid Prime 4 is coming + Nintendo own Remake of Metroid 2

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Freaklore1

Metroid Prime 4 is coming + Nintendo own Remake of Metroid 2

Post by Freaklore1 »

After years of abscense,Samus is coming back big time in Metroid Prime 4 and also in Nintendo own Remake of Metroid 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbDmTjS_MI (Metroid Prime 4 announcement trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhOx-FpEAQk (Metroid:Samus Returns trailer)

Are you guys ready or not ?
SamVision

Re: Metroid Prime 4 is coming + Nintendo own Remake of Metro

Post by SamVision »

I am sorry if I sound negative but Metroid Samus Returns looks objectively worse than AM2R, and there was not a single second of Metroid Prime 4; no game no hype.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

I disagree. The metroid remake looked good, and the combat a lot more dynamic than AM2R's quite frankly easy metroid bosses. I think it has potential.

The prime 4 teaser was kinda dumb though
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:I disagree. The metroid remake looked good, and the combat a lot more dynamic than AM2R's quite frankly easy metroid bosses. I think it has potential.
I don't think we played the same game. AM2R is the hardest Metroid game I've played outside of the first one, the game relentlessly kicked my ass the first time through. Anyway, I was mostly referring to the visuals, they feel really underwhelming. Very blocky and at times just ugly.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

There's more gameplay and discussion about Samus Returns here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09GVFbxFkI

I'm excited to see what's up with Prime 4. There's no images or gameplay of it yet, but by returning to the Prime series one could hope it will be more like those titles, compared to Other M or Hunters or whatever else. Apparently it's not being developed by Retro Studios, who did the first 3, which is interesting. It's at least confirmation that it's in development, so we can look forward to seeing more about it eventually... hopefully later this year, if not as part of their Treehouse events during E3.
Anyway, I was mostly referring to the visuals, they feel really underwhelming. Very blocky and at times just ugly.
As a result of being on the 3DS. The screen is only 240p, on fairly weak hardware, so it's not going to compare visually to what a PC can do with a 720p or 1080p monitor. But that doesn't mean it can't be a fun to play still, with new mechanics and stuff (there's going to be new story/lore bits, official canon, unlike AM2R).
Nash

Post by Nash »

Sure I mean I'm interested but man, 1 million views, 34k likes and 5k positively-hyped comments for a 40-second text fly-by... the world works in strange ways sometimes :P
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think this is the reason why AM2R was taken down. Still seems like a silly reason, but at least the new remake looks kinda good.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

SamVision wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:I disagree. The metroid remake looked good, and the combat a lot more dynamic than AM2R's quite frankly easy metroid bosses. I think it has potential.
I don't think we played the same game. AM2R is the hardest Metroid game I've played outside of the first one, the game relentlessly kicked my ass the first time through. Anyway, I was mostly referring to the visuals, they feel really underwhelming. Very blocky and at times just ugly.
i don't think it was that hard. sure, the Gammas and Zetas are threatening the first few times, but after that they weren't too threatening to deal with. and the Omegas? cannon-fodder for super missiles. at least from my recollection.

i will admit the game doesn't look the best, but the 3DS is 6 years old to this date, and weren't the biggest powerhouse. i can live with that, especially if the gameplay is solid, and it looks to be very good and challenging.
Ma77

Post by Ma77 »

I want the 2d Metroid game but they should have ported it to the Switch for it to be even better.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Nintendo: We have conquered E3 with just one number.
Spoiler:
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Valve has never said anything about HL3 though aside from a few BS clickbait claims people made and whatnot. Not that it makes things any better.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I know, it's just a joke. But it'll be like the day of reckoning for the internet when they do. B-)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Too bad the main series is more or less dead, and they have to remake an old one.

Return to “Off-Topic”