Almost Done... (BloodGDX)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Hipnotic Rogue

Almost Done... (BloodGDX)

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

BloodGDX is nearly here. I've nothing to do with this but I thought I'd share as this needs some love. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXp94HQ ... ploademail
Last edited by Hipnotic Rogue on Sun May 07, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Re: Almost Done...

Post by Nash »

Whoa, neat! It's amazing how far this person got just by reverse engineering and decompiling the executable.

You should update the thread title to provide more context though.
Hipnotic Rogue

Re: Almost Done... (BloodGDX)

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Indeed. It's so impressive. I had genuinely given up hope of seeing something like this coming but here it is.

PS: Yeah, tweaked the thread title. :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Let's just try not to get TOO hyped. We don't want the current rightsholders to notice and kill it.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

This made me try BloodCM again. The current build from last december's pretty darn decent if I must say, save for a few anomalies.
BFG

Post by BFG »

Did not like BloodCM, it looks just like Blood but it doesn't play like it, so I am very excited for this!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I only liked BloodCM because it felt the closest to the original aside from using DosBox. I'll take this over BloodCM any day if it is more accurate.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

wildweasel wrote:Let's just try not to get TOO hyped. We don't want the current rightsholders to notice and kill it.
It could never be killed if it was in the right hands. Just because something gets shut down by the right holders doesn't mean you have to stop developing it. Do it anyway and release after a period of time under an anonymous name and IP, repeat if it gets taken down. But, by then it will already be on thousands of computers. No stopping it then.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

As long as it requires Blood resources to run, I think it will be fine.
BFG

Post by BFG »

these particular right holders are nightmare and do not care at all for Blood or its fan base as they can't seem to find away to profit from it. Even though they would if they re-released it (like what Shadow Warrior did, then it got a remake).

This break through reverse engineering, it was only matter of time for dedicated person to do this, i'm very grateful, knew half the code was there in the old betas of the game but didn't have the skill or patience to do anything with it.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Awesome! So I guess that makes two pretty close to release! (seems like GDX might come before XL)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

While I'm not going to go as far as to say XL is dead in the water, there seems to have been very little change in its status for a long time. Shame because initial progress was quick and quite impressive. I mostly want it for the Dark forces support but Blood (etc) would be cool too.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah unfortunately XL is dead and it doesn't help that the source is closed... I have since moved my interest to DaggerfallUnity and now BloodGDX since it looks like there's no hope of XL ever catching up (unless he puts the source up for others to continue)
unRyker

Post by unRyker »

This is looking really good! However, the gameplay feels off- as if it was artificially made to be harder than the original, but nevertheless still yields amazing results. However, BloodGDX seems to have more problems with HOMs than the original Blood. (Also, in this video it looks like the Aspect Ratio is a bit off, BloodGDX ooks like it's forcing 4:3 when it should be about 16:10, or is it just the weird stretching?)
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So awesome! i cant wait to get my hands on it!

Return to “Off-Topic”