Has anyone played Yooka Laylee?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
spoone

Has anyone played Yooka Laylee?

Post by spoone »

I'm hearing mixed things about it. I was kinda disappointed to hear that it's not exactly Banjo Kazooie considering I grew up in the n64 era. The good thing is that this does not sound like it's another Mighty No 9 (I've played MN9 and totally agree it's an awful game). So has anyone played it yet? Is it worth the full price or should I just wait?
oldschoolgamer1983

Re: Has anyone played Yooka Laylee?

Post by oldschoolgamer1983 »

I might give it a try. Because I have seen it on Windows too. ^___^
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

The whole controversy with JonTron and the fact people are boycotting the game just because of him being in or being removed honestly reminds me of when rabbid Sonic fans put up posters around in public to boycott games when Jason Griffith replaced Ryan Drummond... Really, It's just stupid. I had an image somewhere of one of them, Wish I could find it again.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

If you grew up with the games it takes inspiration from you'll probably enjoy them, if you also hail from that era but didn't enjoy those games you'll find the same annoyances, weird camera, overly sensitive directional movement, collect-a-ton (which isn't bad but i see how it annoys some), the only problem i personally have is that after the first level the worlds don't feel interesting to look at, they do have many details though.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Clownman wrote:Really, It's just stupid.
Yes, somehow, dropping a hateful maniac youtuber from staining a game's universe is the same as dealing with voice actors' contracts and is a fair comparison :roll:
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

leileilol wrote:
Clownman wrote:Really, It's just stupid.
Yes, somehow, dropping a hateful maniac youtuber from staining a game's universe is the same as dealing with voice actors' contracts and is a fair comparison :roll:
I think he meant that the boycott of YL was stupid, not that dropping the crazy dude was.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Scripten wrote:I think he meant that the boycott of YL was stupid, not that dropping the crazy dude was.
Exactly what I meant. :ugeek:

Even if I dislike a voice actor, That isn't the whole reason for me to boycott a fucking Video Game.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think both sides are just stupid, I bet what you'll hear from him are only grunts, some inaudible noises and nothing else. I'd also bet that most people who don't know of his involvement or don't know him at all wouldn't recognize him. It's just pointless. And while the ones boycotting have a very silly reason, one of the guys of the publishing company acted unprofessionally and handled it really poorly too.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Return to “Off-Topic”