Should Mighty No 9 be Public Domain?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Should Mighty No 9 be Public Domain?

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:You exclaim that people tend to remember abysmal, asinine things a lot better than good things. I believe the reason for this originates from our gone-by caveman days, where collective thinking and intellect was mighty low, therefore prehistoric men had no choice but to learn from their own mistakes...until they evolve more, that is :)
Nobody ever notices when things go right.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Well, the evening news is never about smiling kindergarten kids eating their pudding :)
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Considering MN9 turned out to be pretty much Duke Nukem Forever 2 in the end (possibly even worse), I don't think anybody really cares. If anything I've seen it on plenty of critical AND casual "worst games of 2016" lists, The only thing possibly surpassing it being No Man's Sky with it's false advertising.

And now people are wary of Kickstarter, But please remember we've gotten some good games like Shantae: Half Genie Hero and Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams from that site, It's just bad eggs are bound to be found.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

So the moral of the story is that I don't know anything about the public domain. Hey, my parents tell me I'm smart, but not on the public domain.
Clownman wrote:Considering MN9 turned out to be pretty much Duke Nukem Forever 2 in the end (possibly even worse), I don't think anybody really cares. If anything I've seen it on plenty of critical AND casual "worst games of 2016" lists, The only thing possibly surpassing it being No Man's Sky with it's false advertising.
Well, If nobody cares, then it looks like nobody would remember Mighty no 9 in a year or two. Rest in peace, Mighty no 9. You tried. You honestly tried.

Now, I just want to ask one more thing. Has anyone went through a list of everything in the public domain? (Not just the things we remember, everything.)

p.s. edit; Clownman said that people are skeptical of Kickstarter now, but there are good games there. I agree.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Forget "public domaining" the garbage. Even a tux-themed rockman knockoff is better off

Return to “Off-Topic”