Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
4thcharacter

Re: Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

Post by 4thcharacter »

Forget automated cars. I'd rather have a flying car to avoid traffic. Then again if there are flying cars the air would get crowded too.

What really earns my ire are the drivers who aren't considerate and show it by stupidly driving into the intersections w/ traffic lights despite they know they won't get to the other side completely. So if your side goes green you can't go because a dumb driver has blocked the intersection. Good grief.

What REALLY earns my ire more here are the motorcyclists. They come up unexpected sometimes and tend to counter flow or use the line in the middle which is the "safe" part for most of the roads here just to deal with the traffic. Some of them have the gall to race with the pedestrians or stupidly use the fucking sidewalk of all places. One day before going home I saw some motorcyclist use the sidewalk and blame and yell the guy beside me walking because he nearly bumped into the guy. I almost attempted to trash him and his bike if it weren't for someone telling us to cool down.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

What really brings my piss to a boil is when people use the bicycle lanes as a free parking lot. Bicycle lanes were built right next to the sidewalks, so cyclists don't get hit by cars, or they won't get in "their" road. So it was settled: more bicycle lanes must be built, everyone was happy for a while. Then, the drivers with the intelligence of a brick discovered that they can leave their car on the bicycle lane so they don't need to pay parking fee, nor they get fined.
Once, a truck decided to do that, and it caused a huge depression on both the sidewalk and the bicycle lane, which is there to this day. A classic example of when ignorance meets malice. Interestingly, these fucknuggets never get penalized, but of course, if the batteries in my night-light go out, it's the eighth capital sin!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

New Road Rage event from this year, 22th of February, first confirmed victims of 2018.

Not very far from Island's Beauty, a Subaru and an Audi have collided, the latter imminently exploded. Two people were travelling in it, both were horribly gibbed in the explosion. The driver of the Subaru was later apprehended, and it turned out the reason was a dumb penis-measuring about overtaking each other for 20 kilometres now, and the Audi hit some concrete crap lying near the road. I don't know who to blame, but it is still very sad.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Nash wrote:Man y'all need to come down here in Southeast Asia and see how people drive here. Makes you wish you had Magneto's powers so you could just make all the cars within a set radius around you automatically levitate... xD
And GOD HELP YOU IF THERE IS AN ACCIDENT. Not only does the wreck (or bump because some people are sensitive about their cars) cause traffic, but people ACTIVELY STOP THEIR CARS TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT IT, CAUSING MORE TRAFFIC. great job jackasses.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I've actually gotten a lot better in handling traffic stress over the years, especially with the help of my (now late) wife. I let a lot of things go and just go about my business. But when someone (usually old) is going about 15MPH in a 45MPH with no traffic and no dangerous weather just bright sun, I begin to "ride their ass" without even thinking about it. I'll flash my brights after about 10 seconds of them not accelerating. If that doesn't do anything, I'll drop the car in neutral and start rev bombing their ass. (It's not very good for your engine to do this, because without the load 3000 RPM is about as hard on your engine as 6000RPM etc. but my engine is pretty tough and can take a pounding.) If that doesn't work, I end up doing something dangerous like using a right turn lane to fly around them, very intentionally putting only a few inches between us when I cut them off. That shit drives me insane. I've spent my whole life racing cars and fixing them, my father was a race car driver and I've spent a lot of time at the track... so I do have a lot of experience and skill handling the car like that, but I also know you are raising the risks of danger when you do that, and anything could go wrong mechanically or in physics even with the most skilled of drivers. But I just... MOVE!!!!!!!! GOD.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Damn, RexS, if only most people would know what you do...there would be much less fatal accidents. When I read your topic about the unfortunate demise of your wife, I instantly remember this very topic and how everyone shared their experience with Road Rage in their countries. It's simply deplorable when grown ass men behave like teenagers showing off GTA-moves in real life.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Reactor wrote:Damn, RexS, if only most people would know what you do...there would be much less fatal accidents. When I read your topic about the unfortunate demise of your wife, I instantly remember this very topic and how everyone shared their experience with Road Rage in their countries. It's simply deplorable when grown ass men behave like teenagers showing off GTA-moves in real life.
This is true. And I'm glad my wife helped me mature a lot in this way while she was still here physically. It's so scary here, sometimes, that while going the speed limit at 60MPH (97KM/H), someone will cut in front of you and hang at idle at around 15MPH (24KM/H). I had that happen once, and if I hit the brakes, I would have just had a slightly less severe wreck. I was able to rip open the throttle and slide my car sideways around her by cutting the traction loose and barely not hit her as I went in to the other lane. So many things could have gone wrong there (including my stupid throttle-by-wire throttle taking a half second longer to switch to "wide open") and my heart went in to my throat the whole way. When I got safely over and was able to slow down, I looked back at them to see what the hell their problem was, and it was this little old lady leaning in to the windshield to barely be able to see 6 feet in front of her, this terrified face as if we were being bombed by a foreign country. If you are scared to operate a 2 ton machine at 50 MPH, maybe you shouldn't do it, and maybe you should let your grandkids or something drive you. I thought I was going to die at no fault of my own, and like you said, when you couple in what happened to me and my wife... I shouldn't get an ADRENALINE rush driving to the grocery store.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Are fistfights common in your country at Road Rages? As far as I have witnessed, in Russia, it is pretty common, there are tons of videos about angry Russian drivers beating each other up - many videos feature melee weapons and maybe even firearms. Yes, I know many of these are staged, but the great majority isn't. Here in Hungary, I have seen only one fistfight about 15 years ago, and it was a result of a collision, not a simple Road Rage. American videos don't seem to involve that many beatings either, mostly, it's swearing (albeit very dense swearing) and cussing around.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

In America fights over road rage aren't common at all (regardless of what the TV here would have you believe) - but if and when they do occur they are often recorded by people with cell phones and put on sensational "home video" shows. They occur often enough that a business on these videos is actually viable.

Of course, such videos are often used as evidence in trials, too.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I've seen it happen, but not a lot. Depends on the city/state, really. When I was younger and more immature I've gotten out of my car to fight some punk Spanish kid that was threatening me, but the second I got out of the car, he took off as fast as he could while flicking me off. Now that I'm older, I just mind my own business and avoid the confrontation. If they get out of their car, I have a passenger call 911. If they start smashing in my window and threatening our lives, they will be staring down the business end of a .380 ACP and will be waiting for police on their knees with their hands behind their heads.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Interesting stories. So Road Rage is common, but fistfights aren't that frequent. It is good to hear. Yes, I was worrying about what RexS said about some punk trying to stir up some trouble. So, most of them are just loudmouth poltroons, once you get outta your car,they'll quickly retreat?
For the persistent ones who are hell-bent on causing you harm or damage, make sure you have your .380 ACP within reach. An APS Stechkin would also be a fine choice :)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Reactor wrote:Interesting stories. So Road Rage is common, but fistfights aren't that frequent. It is good to hear. Yes, I was worrying about what RexS said about some punk trying to stir up some trouble. So, most of them are just loudmouth poltroons, once you get outta your car,they'll quickly retreat?
For the persistent ones who are hell-bent on causing you harm or damage, make sure you have your .380 ACP within reach. An APS Stechkin would also be a fine choice :)
It does seem a lot of people feel invincible in their vehicle, but when confronted with the reality of the shitstorm they just created, they back off.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I may ride an electric bicycle instead of drive a car, but I COMPLETELY understand your rage! A car cutting me off at a very dangerous moment, when they simply could have waited another two seconds (no exaggeration) just to pull into their own driveway! I could go on and on . . .

I know it's hard, VERY hard, not to express your rage at that moment, but there are people who are crazy enough to actually physically attack you. And don't expect the cops to take your side, either, but that's a whole other rant . . .

It is said that taking out your rage on a punching bag or whatever only waters the seeds of hate, but I disagree. Of course, talking through it like you are here, as well as with a friend with a good ear, also helps.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

This is not strictly Road Rage thing, but it is very relevant, and just as dangerous.

Uh, I read about the Ohio and the Michigan-case, where a bunch of idiotic turdbrains were chucking things onto cars from the freeway overpass (onramp? not sure what it's called), and they indeed caused serious injuries and deaths as well (and they got their asses kicked by the cops). The same thing happens here in Hungary from time to time, last time, two pre-teen girls (!!!) were having fun throwing stones on cars from the overpass of M3 freeway. A few months ago, grown-up men and a woman did the same - throwing scrap, and rocks onto cars. Oh, and a 25 kg weight cement bag, which hit a lorry with such powerful force, it broke the windshield, and the whole cockpit was filled with cement. It was truly a miracle that the driver could stop the lorry without ramming into the bridge, the railings, or simply crashing into another car - and these were only SOME of the cases.

Is this some kind of new craze amongst stupid brat kids, or what? The fucknuggets who enjoy this kind of "entertainment" have the intelligence of a brick? Did any of you meet this anywhere? How do you feel about this?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@ Reactor:

While the people who participate in this kind of thing are definitely despicable human beings, can we not use phrases like "turdbrains", "stupid brat kids", "fucknuggets", and "intelligence of a brick" to describe them?

While I am not asking for you to worship them or anything like that, we certainly wouldn't tolerate that kind of language to describe them if they were members of this forum. Just a very base and minimal level of respect is all I am asking.

Return to “Off-Topic”