Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Reactor

Re: Stop. Trying. To RACE ME!!!!!!!! (ROAD RAGE)

Post by Reactor »

Sure, sure, I apologize. I couldn't really find better words for them, that's the truth :)
I got the brick one from James Rolfe, and I found it hilarious, especially because that time he didn't even swear.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:Sure, sure, I apologize. I couldn't really find better words for them, that's the truth :)
I got the brick one from James Rolfe, and I found it hilarious, especially because that time he didn't even swear.
Not to harp on the point, but am I the only one worried that people are getting their insult-lexicon from the AVGN of all people? :?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Admit it, some of the words Mr. Rolfe uses are pretty thoughtful, even if a great deal of them aren't his inventions. The metaphor about the intelligence of a brick was something I haven't heard or read anywhere before, and even though it was not an obscene word of his usual vocabulary, I still found it very funny :) Apart from that, not many media presents unique swearing words. Beavis and Butthead popularized "fartknocker", "dillhole" and stuff, and South Park also coined some famous phrases, but most of the media don't really go beyond the class of the F-word. I tried to expand my lexicon from reading Stephen King as well, but...meh...nothing really special.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:Admit it, some of the words Mr. Rolfe uses are pretty thoughtful, even if a great deal of them aren't his inventions.
....Not necessarily? And you bringing up South Park only worries me further, to be honest.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Reactor wrote:Admit it, some of the words Mr. Rolfe uses are pretty thoughtful, even if a great deal of them aren't his inventions. The metaphor about the intelligence of a brick was something I haven't heard or read anywhere before, and even though it was not an obscene word of his usual vocabulary, I still found it very funny :) Apart from that, not many media presents unique swearing words. Beavis and Butthead popularized "fartknocker", "dillhole" and stuff, and South Park also coined some famous phrases, but most of the media don't really go beyond the class of the F-word. I tried to expand my lexicon from reading Stephen King as well, but...meh...nothing really special.
What's funny to some people isn't funny to everyone. In fact, "intelligence of a brick" is honestly a very mundane sounding insult, to me, it doesn't even sound that special.

But let's get to the core of the issue with a hypothetical question:

What if I told you that you have the intelligence of a brick for the things you've posted in this thread lately?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

If that pissed you off - sorry about that - that was not done maliciously, but to make a point:

If you don't want people doing things to you, or saying nasty things about you, you generally should not be doing it to others. That includes if they aren't present - because you don't know if they'll never read or see it. I see it a lot of times where people say really nasty things about a person when they think they aren't there, only to find out later that they've actually read every single detail. I know one of my friends who can come up with a very specific case of this happening to him (where he read backlogs of a past community's discord and saw the admins in that community talking shit about him).

Trust and believe, often what you say will come back to haunt you later.

And as funny as AVGN might be to you - he's a very poor role model, all things considered, don't you think? Just because his antics make you laugh doesn't mean you should try to emulate them if you want continued respect from your peers.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Okay, point taken, I shall try to be more gentle with adjectives, even if the subjects don't really deserve it. With the new post, I didn't actually desired to derail anything, I felt that this is something relevant. Thankfully it is not that common to open a distinct topic for it, let's hope it will stay that way.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

AVGN is hilarious, but he's also a character. James Rolfe isn't like that in real life, I would imagine. In his non AVGN videos he is just a regular guy.

Return to “Off-Topic”