The Turok series,your toughts on it ?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Freaklore1

Re: The Turok series,your toughts on it ?

Post by Freaklore1 »

Quick notice,some peoples might get some bugs/glitches,because the devs have released the port of course,but there are still certain things they need to fix,at least the devs have a bugs report page where they read what peoples report them,so they can update the game and fix those problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/

Exemple: the sunfire pods weapon (balls that flashes when thrown) normally have 2 functions...
-they blind enemies
-they insta kill 'the blind ones'
at release the sunfire pods did not insta kill 'the blind ones' but the devs are working on restoring that function in a update.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Yeah, I've noticed since the rolled out updates on GOG Galaxy that I've got stuttering that wasn't there before (I've changed my CPU affinity to no avail) but, hey, at least the game doesn't crash on me anymore. :)

Off topic: Kinda surprises me that with all the love for the Turok weapons and all the weapon mods for ZDoom that there aren't more Turok Doom mods... Just popped in my head. :)
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Hipnotic Rogue wrote:Yeah, I've noticed since the rolled out updates on GOG Galaxy that I've got stuttering that wasn't there before (I've changed my CPU affinity to no avail) but, hey, at least the game doesn't crash on me anymore. :)

Off topic: Kinda surprises me that with all the love for the Turok weapons and all the weapon mods for ZDoom that there aren't more Turok Doom mods... Just popped in my head. :)
This is a pretty good one, but it's not fully finished: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45194&hilit=mist
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Sadly, all screenie links are broken as is the alpha download (404's) and the OP hasn't posted in the thread for over a year. Still, I hope that it's still being worked on. Turok mixed with Doom sounds like a great mix. :)
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

So yeah,seem i wont be able to play Turok 1+2 afterall,i need Windows 7 to play those,but i only have Window Vista.

So instead i bought Terraria,Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition and River City Ransom Underground with the 50$ steam gift card i bought.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

That's a shame. I didn't realise that the games needed Windows 7.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

It had to happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FtmT1nreOI&t=0s

Looks interesting for such an early alpha thingy...
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Yeah,there's already a few peoples who are working on modding both remasters of Turok 1+2.

Maybe with time,a modding community for the Turok franchise will rise and might even get it's own forums,but for the moment it's still at an early stage.

Hope that Kaiser eventually release a level editor for Turok 2,just like he did with Turok 1.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Freaklore1 wrote:Hope that Kaiser eventually release a level editor for Turok 2,just like he did with Turok 1.
From another forum:
Kaiser wrote:The editor is already included (type kexstudio in the console). Though be warned that its unfinished and unstable as well. There's plans to revisit it and do a proper official announcement about it once all major issues are out of the way.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Freaklore1 wrote:...Maybe with time,a modding community for the Turok franchise will rise and might even get it's own forums,but for the moment it's still at an early stage...
There's already a nice little forum with lots of activity. Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.turokforums.com/index.php

It's not totally mod oriented which I think is a good thing. A very knowledgeable community with people into all aspects of Turok. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”