[Concepts]Game Concepts and Ideas

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

[Concepts]Game Concepts and Ideas

Postby YukiHerz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:27 pm

I was contemplating to make this post in Off-Topic because of Non-Zdoom ideas, but instead i'm posting it here because i figured some ideas may get turned into zdoom mods or possibly standalone games and stuff.

Sometimes when i'm bored i start thinking about game concepts and ideas, usually just small paragraphs of text describing a game which could be made, no necessarily zdoom, so i decided to make this post for people to share their concepts.

A few of mine:

Spoiler: Game about Samurai and Stuff

Spoiler: I'll survive the invasion

Coin Operated Rifle:
A weapon shaped like an AK, with a coin hole on the back where you put your coins that allow you to shoot explosive bubblegum fed from a crystal ball on the side of the gun, the lock and firing action would be controlled by two light switches on the other side, with a flashlight which is an actual light bulb taped on the bottom of the barrel.
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Concepts]Game Concepts and Ideas

Postby wildweasel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:34 pm

HazeBandicoot wrote:I was contemplating to make this post in Off-Topic because of Non-Zdoom ideas, but instead i'm posting it here because i figured some ideas may get turned into zdoom mods or possibly standalone games and stuff.

Considering ZDoom-related ideas have their own thread in Projects, I think this could be moved to Off-topic instead.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Nevander » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:20 pm

I had formulated a game design concept a few months ago that revolves around a single weapon. It would concern you progressing through the game and finding new parts for your weapon and you can turn that one weapon into any type of weapon you like. A machine gun, a sniper rifle, a DMR, a rocket launcher, a nailgun, whatever you like. You can then also build subsystems that quickly attach and detach to the gun so you could basically have two guns at once after a switch but you still only always have the one weapon you carry.
Nevander
Self-Banned User

Postby YukiHerz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Sounds like a very interesting idea, reminds me of the DC-17m from Republic Commando, but expanded.
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Matt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 pm

Hard Reset basically had that with 2 weapons, one ostensibly for orange-coloured kinetic weapons and the other for blue-coloured energy weapons. (Far as I can tell the distinction between kinetics and energies was purely aesthetic.)

but instead i'm posting it here because i figured some ideas may get turned into zdoom mods or possibly standalone games and stuff
My general experience is that those who have the capacity to implement these ideas generally already have better ones of their own, or are too burnt out from paid work to do someone else's work for them, or both.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Redfox123 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:34 pm

meh there seems to be alot of wads/games lacking anthropomorphic animals that could be an idea
Redfox123
λ vulpes vulpes λ

Postby XanderK9 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:57 am

More like the lack of wads/games with anthropomorphic animals because that's not an obligation, after all.

However, if we talk about first person shooters, I don't think I saw anything featuring them (aside of The Elder Scrolls, but that's an first person RPG, anyway).
XanderK9
The Elusive One

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Off-Topic