[IDEA] a community based PR for youtube

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Would it be a good idea to try and reach out to youtubers for coverage of doom mods?

Yes
63%
No
No votes
I don't care
38%

Total votes : 8

[IDEA] a community based PR for youtube

Postby insightguy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:10 am

I just had a random thought after watching this a while back:
Spoiler: YouTube video involving TotalBiscuit

What if we set up our own community PR for YouTube?

The idea is to set up an email account (preferably held by trustworthy people :P ) where we send YouTubers (let's-players, reviewers and etc.) to try out a specific mod/mods that we send either monthly, bi-monthly or whenever we want! hell, maybe send it once a year right after the Cacowards or something. The email would have all the description/screenshots of the mod, the relevant download links, instructions on running them and etc.

I was thinking we send either a Total/Partial conversion or a gameplay mod with a recommended map-set/mega-map/megawad, either way works

The mods could be community nominated and voted by the community or just done like in the Cacowards.

What are your thoughts? Good idea? Bad Idea? (preferably explaining why)
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Re: [IDEA] a community based PR for youtube

Postby Cardboard Marty » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:16 pm

This could be kinda neat, but it would also need someone who has the time to edit these videos while also giving a good presentation.
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Jaxxoon R » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Kinda sounds like what they got goin' on with the Sonic Hacking Contest/Sega Homebrew Contest.
Jaxxoon R

Postby insightguy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Marty Kirra wrote:This could be kinda neat, but it would also need someone who has the time to edit these videos while also giving a good presentation.

Just to clarify, we are not making the videos, they are.
insightguy wrote:where we send YouTubers (let's-players, reviewers and etc.) to try out a specific mod/mods that we send either monthly, bi-monthly or whenever we want! hell, maybe send it once a year right after the Cacowards or something.

I'm just suggesting that we send them the relevant info of how to run doom and load the mods.
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Return to Off-Topic