Page 1 of 1

its all over now... but it was fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:26 am
by osjclatchford
ok sorry to be dramatic but I thought I'd let you guys know. Yesterday I lost my old machine that had all my lovely old early 90's software that I use to make over 90% of all my game mods (sprites, skins textures etc...) it is a total write-off and sadly so is the software that came with it. often the disks have been lent or lost when moving etc and truth be told most would never even run on os's later than xp anyway. So although I retired before (due to time constraints) and dragged myself back in again, this time I feel it is actually the end. :cry:
I know I could probably learn to use some new software but to be honest the stuff I did on that old machine was almost like reflex. honestly I think I would find it too hard to relearn what I I've been doing for over 15 years now from scratch. so I bid you all a very fond farewell and wish you all the best here...

thanks for the support in all my mods/spritework and I guess this means I can spend more time playing instead of modding

as I final note and as always feel free to use any of my sprites/textures, just don't forget to credit eh?
bye... :D

Re: its all over now... but it was fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 am
by xenoxols
You've been great. Good luck doing whatever it is you are going to do.

Re: its all over now... but it was fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:36 am
by leileilol
It's not over. If your newer computer has an IDE interface you could probably image your drives to virtual disk image files, to virtualize later on in VirtualPC 2007 (and not Vbox since its W9x support sucks no matter what the babbysfirstVM fanboys tell you). It's what I did before decommissioning old very used hard drives (those big Maxtor DiamondMAX drives are titanics)

Re: its all over now... but it was fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:04 am
by 4thcharacter
Damn... I'm considering to make a Hexen mod with a large arsenal in the futute and I might need your assistance. I know that I'll start much, much later on but still..

Your edits are superb. And surely you're great at creating your own idea of fantasy based weapons.

Re: its all over now... but it was fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:52 am
by osjclatchford
xenoxols wrote:You've been great. Good luck doing whatever it is you are going to do.

many thanks! have enjoyed your work too!

leileilol wrote:It's not over. If your newer computer has an IDE interface you could probably image your drives to virtual disk image files, to virtualize later on in VirtualPC 2007 (and not Vbox since its W9x support sucks no matter what the babbysfirstVM fanboys tell you). It's what I did before decommissioning old very used hard drives (those big Maxtor DiamondMAX drives are titanics)


what new computer? and as for the rest:
!?! .....yeah, its definately over methinks... :D

4thcharacter wrote:Damn... I'm considering to make a Hexen mod with a large arsenal in the futute and I might need your assistance. I know that I'll start much, much later on but still..

Your edits are superb. And surely you're great at creating your own idea of fantasy based weapons.


thank you. and don't count my help out of the picture. I still have a pen and paper and ms paint for conceptual stuff LOL