Bad games to avoid...

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
XCVG

Re: Bad games to avoid...

Post by XCVG »

I'd like to add The Stanley Parable to the meh list. It's tries to be so deep that it ends up becoming pretentious, and it really drags on and on longer than anything in the game is actually worth. To me it's one of those games that would have worked better as short and sweet.
wildweasel wrote:DLC Quest. It's supposed to be satirical, forcing you to grind in-game coins to afford DLC packs that allow you to bypass barriers (disabling random encounters, giving you a gun, adding zombies, horse armor), but it has the least appealing visual style I've ever seen (the author calls it "retro" but it's not doing a good job of it), and there's really nothing to DO in this game aside from wander around and be fed unfunny jokes. If you're ever considering playing it, ask yourself this: have you been in a video game community anytime between 2006 and today? If so, you've probably already heard every joke this game can tell, with better delivery to boot.
To me, it was kind of funny once, kind of the equivalent of a meh jokewad. It's not worth $2.99, though. I think I paid less than a dollar.
wildweasel wrote:
BlackLagoon wrote:Mfw I've literally played all these games and hated them too.
I'll add: Wolfenstein: The New Order.
You move like a tank, are forced to do crappy fetch quests all the time and the fucking plot is annoying and tedious.
Also too much focus on pointless stealth and 'realism'
I'd say this is a matter of taste, as I found The New Order was one of the best FPS games of the last year.
Definitely a matter of taste. In my opinion, The New Order did a great job of blending old and new, although its plot kind of fell apart at the end.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

You move like a tank, are forced to do crappy fetch quests all the time and the fucking plot is annoying and tedious.
tbh the stealth-elements are at most optional and there's plenty of conventional gunning down nazis that i didn't really mind playing it stealthily every once in a while. there's like one or two levels where it's smarter to sneak around in certain places, but you're not automatically losing just because you're spotted. The Old Blood generally abandoned the stealth elements, or at least made it much harder to actually complete parts of the levels by stealth alone. and i liked the story, but that's a matter of opinion i guess.
merlin86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by merlin86 »

Island Peril

Anybody played this game? :D
Boreas249

Post by Boreas249 »

Yu-Gi-Oh.

Hey, you didn't say just video games...

Nah I'm kidding though. I love Yu-Gi-Oh. And hate it sometimes too.

Back on topic, for an actual bad game you should avoid, Conflict: Denied Ops.

Goodness gracious what a bad game. Voice acting is horrendous, guns sound godawful, gameplay is shit, total puke factor: 10/10.

There was another one I played but I can't remember the name... all I remember is you start off in the American Revolutionary War era, you get skewered by an arrow and suddenly you're a time traveler. Was worse than it sounds.

And Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu. As a Dragon Ball Z fan, this made me cry tears of blood it was so bad.
Ma77

Post by Ma77 »

Boreas249 wrote:There was another one I played but I can't remember the name... all I remember is you start off in the American Revolutionary War era, you get skewered by an arrow and suddenly you're a time traveler. Was worse than it sounds.
Oh god that was "Darkest of days" that game suck ass like ow did they fuck up time traveling and putting you in scenarios with futuristic guns in the 1700s?

Mine are:
Rott 2013: the platforming is ass and i almost rage quit that game because of the annoying ass final boss. Hell the original was easier than the remake coughandbettertoocough

Hitman Absolution: Terrible stealth and bullshit story and i heard that the new Hitman is almost exactly like it too so this franchise is dead

Return to Castle Wolfenstien: That game is overrated as hell and the shooting mechanics suck IMO The New Order and old blood are fantastic games tho

Most build engine games: im not talking about the big 5 i mean the "other games" like Tek war, Witchaven 1 and 2, and that tragedy Extreme paint brawl the only "good" game was witchaven and even than it still sucks ass.

Uncharted franchise: Only good for 1 play-through and it stops being good (no multiplayer dose not count)

Anything by Cobra Studios: Nuff said

Aliens Colonial Marines: It was a sad day to find a worse game that Duke Nukem Forever. The only good thing about this turd was the apology known as Alien Isolation and apology excepted

Turok Evolution: I tried to like that game and i cant even play it without hating the fell of it

Yoshis New island: that THING dose not exist

Final Fantasy 7: the game aged like shit and there were better games even at the time like Blade runner (which is a very underrated game)

COD Ghosts: this game was Literally a generic FPS through and through even fans of COD hate that game

Hotline Miami 2 level editor: it sucks cause its never coming out >:(
Big C

Post by Big C »

Yeah, seriously, where the FUCK is the Hotline Miami 2 level editor?
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

merlin86 wrote:Island Peril
Anybody played this game? :D
No, but Brutalmoose made a video of it, that's how I heard of it.
merlin86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro

Post by merlin86 »

Wiw wrote:No, but Brutalmoose made a video of it, that's how I heard of it.
I've read about this game on a videogames magazine, here in Italy. (maybe some italian zdoomer know TGM (aka The Games Machine)). The final vote was around 20% on 100%... :D
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Five Nights At Freds 3 and 4.

The first one comes close to beeing a waste of time, and only it's novel concept saves it from beeing shoved into the "bin of crappy try-hard-horror-games".
The second one can be called a good spend of time. The jumpscares aren't as extreme, and it requires way more tactical thinking then the first one.

3 and 4 are just cashmaking. Scott knows that his atrocious community would buy everything that says "FNAF". The concept isn't new any more, and the jumpscares are back. Boring, annoying, uncreative horror-games.
And please don't say that it has a deep story. Because it seriously hasn't.
BlackLagoon

Post by BlackLagoon »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
tbh the stealth-elements are at most optional and there's plenty of conventional gunning down nazis that i didn't really mind playing it stealthily every once in a while. there's like one or two levels where it's smarter to sneak around in certain places, but you're not automatically losing just because you're spotted. The Old Blood generally abandoned the stealth elements, or at least made it much harder to actually complete parts of the levels by stealth alone. and i liked the story, but that's a matter of opinion i guess.
I didn't find the guns particularly satisfying really. That for me was the clincher.
stroggkiller

Post by stroggkiller »

Ma77, seriusly? Say return to castle wolfenstein is a bad game?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

BlackLagoon wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
I didn't find the guns particularly satisfying really. That for me was the clincher.
i thought they were pretty fun, and the gore is nice and vibrant so it communicates well when you hit an enemy. they do sound rather tinny and too realistic though, they could've benefited from a bit more oomph in the sound-design department.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

stroggkiller wrote:Ma77, seriusly? Say return to castle wolfenstein is a bad game?
I questioned this too. That game was my life when I was younger, such good multiplayer.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Nocturne & KNUCKLES
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

How can there be bad games when that's entirely dependant on the player's opinion? (Except for the obvious cases of shit games)

Return to “Off-Topic”