Stories and Settings for Wolfenstein-based Projects

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Stories and Settings for Wolfenstein-based Projects

Postby YukiHerz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:36 am

Well, i didn't know where this thread would be well-placed, so i took the joker card and made it in Off-topic.

I'm pretty sure many of us have followed B.J.'s adventures of foiling nazi plan after nazi plan over and over, it just feels natural to kill nazis in Wolfenstein/Wolfendoom&Astrostein, and this leads to the question "What else would work for a Wolfenstein-related work?"

So this thread is meant to be a place for people to share ideas of Wolfenstein/Wolfendoom stories that could inspire mods, other than the usual "Evil nazis are doing nasty thing." (which is still more than welcome in this thread anyways).

I'll start with 2 ideas, one of which i wanted to work on as a Wolfendoom mod but damn Japanese guns are ugly.

Spoiler: Wolfendoom: The Rising Sun

And a second one, with less work.
Spoiler: Wolfendoom: Dirt Money

It would be nice to see what kind of stories involving BJ and/or Friends people come up with.
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Stories and Settings for Wolfenstein-based Projects

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:22 am

The second one sounds a bit like Operation: Letzterschutz, but I'd like to see it done!
I got a few ideas I might share later.
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby stroggkiller » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:33 am

I think in a story:after hitler dead, some of ss comanders found a time portal in africa wich they use for alter the story and will make the nazis victorious, but one thing they can't change is the hitler kill, then the nazis develope in a ritual for resurrect hitler but failed, the ritual will make a door for a other dimension called "the beta realm" this make tons of demons invade earth.

PD: if you found some bad english sorry
Last edited by stroggkiller on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroggkiller

Postby SamVision » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:19 am

The original design of Rise of the Triad might be worth something. Also does a Wolfenstein project have to star BJ?
SamVision

Postby Athel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Wolfenstein: Operation GoldenEye

:p
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Discord: Athel#2406

Postby Ethril » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 pm

BJ and Captain America team up to fight HYDRA
Ethril
F1

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Even if you want to stick solely with canonical characters, there are a lot of allies that could become protagonists in their own right. RTCW (and in fact The Old Blood) had Wesley, aka "Agent One." New Order had Wyatt and Fergus. There's lots of potential to give them some limelight.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby XCVG » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 pm

I thought about doing a Wolfenstein: Rising Sun mod a while back, but abandoned it due to the lack of resources. Mine would have drawn more from anime than Japanese legend- one of the bosses would have been a giant mecha.

The other was Inverstein (or Mirrorstein): Project Manhattan, where ethnically Polish German agent BJ Blazkowicz must stop a nefarious American plan in an alternate reality where just about everything is flipped on its head.
XCVG

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Actually, yeah, why hasn't the Pacific Theater had a Wolfenstein-esque treatment before? Let's brainstorm this out...

One (perhaps not intentional at first?) aspect of Wolfenstein is that Blaskowicz is part-Polish, where Poland was one of the first countries to be annexed by Nazi Germany. Going by a similar theme, the Pacific Theater was largely about Imperial Japan attacking China and a few of the other countries around south-east Asia, so our protagonist could be part-Chinese, or potentially part-Russian, as Imperial Japan had some clashes with Soviet Russia up until 1941.

I get the feeling that the Japanese troops in such a setting would have very different combat tactics from the Germans; they favored the element of surprise, as well as frequent "banzai" attacks with bayonets or swords. The Type 100 SMG was also not very common, as it was a late-war weapon, so early-game combat would probably involve relying on pistols for increased fire rate, fixed machine guns, or slower rifles, assuming the player can't find any American weapon drops with Thompsons or M3A1 Grease Guns.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby xenoxols » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:06 pm

The problem is, it would just be a WWII mod, not a wolfenstein one.
xenoxols
Pocket Watch Queen

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:20 pm

xenoxols wrote:The problem is, it would just be a WWII mod, not a wolfenstein one.

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to actually be Wolfenstein. It just has to follow the spirit of it. We don't need to rely on the brand name (it's not ours to rely on, anyway!).
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Athel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Soooo....Doomenstein? Another Wolfendoom?

World War (D)II?
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Postby YukiHerz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 pm

I see some good ideas and some hilarious ones, they all would be pretty fun to see in action.

Regarding these being Wolfendoom/Wolfenstein or not, I think it's more of a choice of who makes the story/mod to call and/or place it in the Wolfenstein series, either by having BJ, Agent One, Wyatt or fergus as the player character, or by making small nods to the wolfenstein series.

I don't think a Wolfenstein project has to star BJ as the hero, but certainly he'd play a major role or at least get mentioned, directly or indirectly, you could have Agent One being sent to a mission while BJ was bussy with something else, or make a mod starring Wyatt and Fergus and ending with them being dispatched with BJ to their doom, and it would still be pretty much Wolfenstein with another Hero.
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Athel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:28 am

Why don't we introduce a new hero? Possible someone unmentioned in Wolfenstein. They could know about what B.J has been through but not exactly have been a part of B.J's life. Would be kinda interesting, for all we know at the moment Wolfenstein only has one hero. Maybe it could even be a prequel to the Wolfenstein series.
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 am

Wolfenstein X MLP X Sonic crossover.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Next

Return to Off-Topic