Game Name Search

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: Game Name Search

Postby Amuscaria » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I've been looking for the name of an Arcade game with hover tanks. I remember there was a Green American tank, and a Blue Japanese tank (driven by a Ninja or something); there were a few other tanks as well. It looked a lot like Virtual on, as in it was one of those old low-poly 3D games. The controls were 2 joysticks, and each controlled the movement of 1 side of your vehicle (so pulling 1 back and one forward will making you turn).

Also, an Old IBM game. I remember it as "Avalon" but I couldn't find it. It's a REALLY low detail 3D wireframe spaceship game where you're on a planet. Your goal was to fly around and find some pyramids or something and each time you found one, you collect a piece of an image. There are a few enemies that will attack you, and you had 3 weapons to use, a laser, a missile, and something else. Again, VERY old game that looked like something from Virtual boy, just not all red.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby leileilol » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:29 pm

1. Cyber Sled. I haven't played one since ~1994 so I can't remember details other than smooth low poly 3D and dual joysticks. I'm not even sure if it's mame-able, never checked.
Last edited by leileilol on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leileilol
フォニュエール!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kodi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:36 pm

A weird aerial combat game where players controlled dragons and fought in arenas with quake 3 style gameplay. That's how I remember it from a youtube video I saw once at least. Should be from the early 2000's or so.
kodi
Proscrastinator

Postby leileilol » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:39 pm

^ Flying Heroes
leileilol
フォニュエール!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 am

leileilol wrote:1. Cyber Sled. I haven't played one since ~1994 so I can't remember details other than smooth low poly 3D and dual joysticks. I'm not even sure if it's mame-able, never checked.

Oh Sweet! Found out it had a Playstation port. Might find it on some rom site. :)
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Mor'Ladim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 am

salahmander2 wrote:That will be BlaZeon from the sounds of things. But then again, you're a ship, but it's close enough.

That was it, thanks! I did a Google Search on the name and instantly recognized the box art.
Mor'Ladim
Does this man finish anything?!

Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.
Discord: Mor'ladim#7303

Postby Naniyue » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks for the tips, but I'm afraid neither of those strategy games seems to be it. If I remember the box correctly, there's a picture on the back of a suited soldier pumping their fist in the air.

Blazeon was also in the arcade. There's a PC game called Enemy Mind with a similar mechanic, though with ships instead of mecha: http://www.enemymindgame.com/
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby DoomRater » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 pm

I recall seeing a game at some point in either pre-k or first grade being played on what I presume to be a computer since it was at a private school. All I remember was a person running around and falling through a couple screens before landing in water they could swim in. I can't recall the art style too much and I certainly don't know what computer system was capable of making games like that at the time.

Edit: Let's see if I can put a year to that. Graduated 2001 so that'd be 1988 or 89.
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Naniyue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Commodore 64 version of Pitfall 2? Fast forward to a little over a minute into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOoFXZKo_xA
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby DoomRater » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:13 am

That looks damn close but I don't recall the screen scrolling at all. Didn't even know there was a Pitfall 2!
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Previous

Return to Off-Topic