Game Name Search

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Naniyue

Game Name Search

Post by Naniyue »

There are a couple of games I cannot remember the names of. Any help is appreciated. Feel free to ask about your own, too!

1) Some commercial, presumably flash, RPG game with anime/manga style art but made by Westerners. I swear the name Lillian is in it somewhere. The date I first saw the advertisement is between 2012 and 2014. I have a visual in mind, but no luck matching it to pictures online.

2) An old Galaga like game, but from a different angle, with basic 3D graphics from about 1997 - 2000. I'm pretty sure it was shareware.

Thanks in advance for any leads. Remember to ask about your own!
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Game Name Search

Post by leileilol »

1) Adventure Quest

2) 3D Alien Invasion by Webfoot?
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Alas, those aren't the ones, but I do like the way 3D Alien Invasion looks, so that's a new game on my list at least. Thanks, Dark Elf!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

OK, one more:
I'd put the time frame as 1997 through 1999. A PC strategy game in which flying islands/fortresses battle it out. Can't remember if it's in 3D or 2D, though.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Naniyue wrote:OK, one more:
I'd put the time frame as 1997 through 1999. A PC strategy game in which flying islands/fortresses battle it out. Can't remember if it's in 3D or 2D, though.
Stratosphere? I remember playing the demo; it's quite fun, if a bit tricky to get running anymore.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

NetStorm: Islands at War?
Interestingly enough I stumbled upon that in a review of Project Nomads, yet another floating island game. :D
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

I have a couple.

1)Genesis game that is a top-down/vertical shooter (it may switch between) where instead of the traditional planes it is helicopters, and you fight giant boss aircraft. Pretty sure the helicopter you control is a dark tan. You shoot yellow bullets. [EDIT] Could be Super Thunder Blade

2)RPG from the sega saturn where at one point in the story a castle burns down in a fire and you have to fight villainous knights that may or may not have turned on you. I think you can at some point use a blue dragon in the town for fast-travel? It's turn-based as you can imagine and I think contrary to tradition your party is on the right on battle scenes and the enemy is on the left. Early on you fight lots of crows on a grass background. All of your party are pretty normal humans. Later on one of your party called Kyle or something who wears green gets sick and eats soup or stew and (spoiler) [EDIT] Could be Lunar.
Spoiler:
3)RPG from genesis/sega saturn that is more hi-fantasy, an old guy in the village tells you to get some magic elixir at the beginning, maybe to heal someone, and there was an area to the top-left of the town that was all bushes and hedges that blocked your way, and enemy bees. I think you could harvest the bushes for berries. The soundtrack had a characteristic twang to it, like the acoustic guitar simulator on keyboards. Once in a while you would find a dungeon or something that was blocked by some creature or entity that would show up on the non-battle world and be a physical barrier that you couldn't fight normally. The game was bright coloured. Might have had blue crystals and elaborate floral designs for the HUD/menu.
Last edited by Raziel236 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

@Raziel:

1. This sounds like it might be Super Thunder Blade, but I recall the chopper being blue in that one for some reason.

2. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. There was also a Playstation version, IIRC.

3. Hmm....Sword of Vermilion?
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

It's close to Super Thunder Blade, were there any sequels or copycats?

It might me Lunar.

No it was more high-tec than Sword of Vermilion.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Raziel236 wrote:I have a couple.

1)Genesis game that is a top-down/vertical shooter (it may switch between) where instead of the traditional planes it is helicopters, and you fight giant boss aircraft. Pretty sure the helicopter you control is a dark tan. You shoot yellow bullets.
Mega SWIV, perhaps?
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Naah, was more likely Thunder Blade, but that has a kickin soundtrack though!
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

I've been trying to find a game for what I recall to be on the Super Nintendo. It was a side scrolling shoot 'em up in which you played a robot, and the first level took place in space. I remember one feature of the game was that you could turn into some of the enemies and use their abilities.

Wish I could help with the other requests, but I am stumped.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Mor'Ladim wrote:I've been trying to find a game for what I recall to be on the Super Nintendo. It was a side scrolling shoot 'em up in which you played a robot, and the first level took place in space. I remember one feature of the game was that you could turn into some of the enemies and use their abilities.

That will be BlaZeon from the sounds of things. But then again, you're a ship, but it's close enough.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

Maybe I'll have some luck here... anyone knows the name of this seemingly strategy game ?
Spoiler:
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Mor'Ladim wrote:I've been trying to find a game for what I recall to be on the Super Nintendo. It was a side scrolling shoot 'em up in which you played a robot, and the first level took place in space. I remember one feature of the game was that you could turn into some of the enemies and use their abilities.

sounds like a strange reaccount of Metal Warriors.

Return to “Off-Topic”