Subway manspreading.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Going out of one's way to sit right next to someone like that to embarrass them = a spoon well spent.

(I need to find a like-minded friend with a similar schedule so we can do pincer attacks.)


The homeless people sleeping on the seats deserve a break. No complaints there from me (unless there are feces, vomit or urine involved but I've never seen that - from drunk partiers downtown, frequently, but not the homeless people)
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:06 pm

I've actually never witnessed manspreading, but I have seen those kinds of people that use the seats to hold their groceries/purses/backpacks/etc. People also refuse to move towards the back of the bus when they're standing, for some reason, and as a result the bus ends up looking too crowded when there's still space for about 15 people to stand. This really gets annoying when the bus drivers start to drive right by you at the stop because of the bus being "too crowded." :x
User avatar
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.
 
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:29 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:This really gets annoying when the bus drivers start to drive right by you at the stop because of the bus being "too crowded." :x

It's sort of the opposite problem here; when the driver yells for everyone to move back, but nobody can, because there's no room.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Reactor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:57 am

Vaecrius wrote:The homeless people sleeping on the seats deserve a break. No complaints there from me (unless there are feces, vomit or urine involved but I've never seen that - from drunk partiers downtown, frequently, but not the homeless people)


Lucky you, it happens in our capital daily. God knows what are they doing down in the tunnels, as you are not allowed to enter that area without having valid ticket. Sure, drunk partyfaces do the same, but they don't actually live there, and their friends will at least try to carry him/her away home, and of course, they get fined whilst homeless people don't.

As for crowded buses, it may happen here as well, albeit not too frequently. Depends, where you wish to travel. Island's Beauty is a small village, and three other villages' buses also stop there, because it's in the way. And, for bigger cities, buses go frequently. City buses are only over-crowded at winter or shitty weather, otherwise, people here like to ride a bike better.
Some of the personnel however, are unimaginibly dumb and malicious, mostly the ticket inspectors, but that's another story.
User avatar
Reactor
The militarist
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: Island's Beauty, Hungary

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Arctangent » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:05 am

Reactor wrote:they get fined whilst homeless people don't.

Well, yeah. Fining someone with no money will just waste money and manpower, since you'd need to print the fine on a piece of paper have someone to deliver it for a profit of absolute zero.

Taking money from someone who has none is impossible unless the amount due is zero.
User avatar
Arctangent
squawky
 
Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Discord: SquawkyAtan#2371

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Reactor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 am

It is true, this is why living on subway seats is so widespread in our capital. And yes, it happens very frequently that vomit or turd "marks" such areas. How they sneak past the ticket inspectors at the escalator (who chase everyone away without having valid tickets) is beyond me. Guess they use a secret door, or know the magic word :)
User avatar
Reactor
The militarist
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: Island's Beauty, Hungary

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Arctangent wrote:
Reactor wrote:they get fined whilst homeless people don't.

Well, yeah. Fining someone with no money will just waste money and manpower, since you'd need to print the fine on a piece of paper have someone to deliver it for a profit of absolute zero.

Taking money from someone who has none is impossible unless the amount due is zero.
Here in Vancouver basically only the homeless and destitute are ticketed and fined for these petty offences. Something about trying to move them along so the pretty people and the tourists don't see them or something, gotta keep the property values up dontchaknow.
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Reactor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:22 pm

There are plenty of homeless shelters built around the capital here and there, even though it's only a temporary solution, it is still a solution for them to have a roof above their heads and keep them away from tourists and higher-classes. The problem is, only a few homeless people go there - drinking is forbidden, no one to demand (or steal) money from, and they must use the lavatory instead of being messy at the very place they are at the moment. The intention of help is always at hand, but as you can see, it is not mutual at all.
User avatar
Reactor
The militarist
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: Island's Beauty, Hungary

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Seidolon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 pm

It's sad that stuff like this has to be illegal in order for people to not do it. It is more of a common courtesy thing, but people nowadays don't seem to pay attention to that.
Seidolon
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2013

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Reactor wrote:There are plenty of homeless shelters built around the capital here and there, even though it's only a temporary solution, it is still a solution for them to have a roof above their heads and keep them away from tourists and higher-classes. The problem is, only a few homeless people go there - drinking is forbidden, no one to demand (or steal) money from, and they must use the lavatory instead of being messy at the very place they are at the moment. The intention of help is always at hand, but as you can see, it is not mutual at all.

You make it sound like these people do those sorts of things deliberately. It's not easy to give up a serious vice like drugs or alcohol, and a homeless person's life does not consist entirely of panhandling. Have you ever actually spoken to a homeless person before? Sometimes the "intention of help" doesn't work as well as you might expect it to.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby demo_the_man » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Agreed, some homeless people have a mental issues where it is impossible for them to get a job, for example they might be schizophrenic, have multiple personality disorder, or might just be so alcoholic they cant function in normal society. Or they might be have lost thier house, car, kids, job, and ran up a credit bill that ruined their credit scores. but they still feel as if they don't need a helpful hand Its a sad truth, but alas it is the truth.
User avatar
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?
 
Joined: 28 May 2013
Location: Workin
Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby NeuralStunner » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Big C wrote:Unrelatedly, when I first heard the word 'manspreading', my first thoughts were of something...Uh...

...

...Llllleeeeeeewwwwwwwddddddd.
Personally, I thought it might be some alleged new photo fad involving lying across subway tracks.
User avatar
NeuralStunner
not actually a catgirl
 
 
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Location: =o_O=
Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Project Dark Fox » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:36 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:
Big C wrote:Unrelatedly, when I first heard the word 'manspreading', my first thoughts were of something...Uh...

...

...Llllleeeeeeewwwwwwwddddddd.
Personally, I thought it might be some alleged new photo fad involving lying across subway tracks.

That is a pleasant image that swept across my mind. =:) Chunky!
User avatar
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Location: Louisville, KY USA
Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:42 pm

"Subway Manspreading" sounds like a new sauce at a sandwich place made from concentrated beef gravy, smoke-flavoured barbecue steak sauce and jalapeños, made into a thick black goo with the colour and consistency of a really dark Nutella.
User avatar
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Subway manspreading.

Postby Big C » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Vaecrius wrote:"Subway Manspreading" sounds like a new sauce at a sandwich place made from concentrated beef gravy, smoke-flavoured barbecue steak sauce and jalapeños, made into a thick black goo with the colour and consistency of a really dark Nutella.


That makes my earlier comment even grosser to myself. Thanks, Vaecrius!
User avatar
Big C
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests