Operation: Tank Command 2

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
jazzmaster9

Operation: Tank Command 2

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Jazz Software presents:

The Soviet Union has launched an attack. The Russians are invading Europe while China begins their assault on neighboring countries in Asia.

It is your job to stop the Red Army.

Take out waves of enemy Tanks and avoid the enemy salvos, its simple, yet frantic, gameplay will leave you on the edge of your seat.

"Evade, Endure, Eliminate", victory is within our grasp.

Screenshots
Spoiler:
Developers Notes

This is the sequel to my first Operation: Tank Command.

Operation: Tank Command 2 will feature:

- New Enemies
- New Weapons
- Improved UI
- New Hazards (Guard Towers, Barricades, SAM sites)
- a "The Tunnel Movement System" (allows you to quickly move from one part of the map to another)
- Weapons Loadout Screen
- A Better Story :)

Tell me what you think of it.
Dancso

Re: Operation: Tank Command 2

Post by Dancso »

Being an indie game dev myself, I decided to give this a go even though it's not really my kind of game.

Sadly I didn't get past the splash screen, though before you get sad I will say it might be a problem on my end.
What happens is the plug and play service / svchost starts using a lot of processing power, and the game never launches.
This might well be due to my broken onboard sound card, for which I have an old sound blaster card in a PCI slot as replacement, which is occasionally problematic, though usually doesnt have lasting performance issues or prevent apps from launching like this.

To not be completely useless with my post, I would like to offer some advice: creating a video showcasing your game would probably get more people to try it. From the screenshots the game looks the equivalent of a flash game's merit: very simplistic and perhaps casual. The problem comes from the fact that it has to be downloaded to play, for which you need to convince your potential audience that it's worth their time, because from what I see, I can't name many things that make it stand out from the countless similar games that are more easily available and thus, a video is the best tool to show off your unique / fun gameplay mechanics.
jazzmaster9

Re: Operation: Tank Command 2

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Dancso wrote:Being an indie game dev myself, I decided to give this a go even though it's not really my kind of game.

I would like to offer some advice: creating a video showcasing your game would probably get more people to try it. From the screenshots the game looks the equivalent of a flash game's merit: very simplistic and perhaps casual. The problem comes from the fact that it has to be downloaded to play, for which you need to convince your potential audience that it's worth their time, because from what I see, I can't name many things that make it stand out from the countless similar games that are more easily available and thus, a video is the best tool to show off your unique / fun gameplay mechanics.
Thank you for the tip. You're correct, now that you mentioned it, I should have released at least one promo video for the game. I'll be sure to release gameplay video of my upcoming game.

Return to “Off-Topic”