"Z" marked doors in Crapi

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

"Z" marked doors in Crapi

Post by Xeotroid »

Does anyone know about Crapi (great name btw.)? It's a gigantic wad with open-world non-linear maps and because of problems during release and a few megabytes of unnecesary data, it's pretty much forgotten. If anyone played through it, I have a question: I'm currently stuck in MAP02 - The Canyons and I've seen some doors with white Z on black background next to them in the same way like blue keycard/skull signs are shown on other doors:

I have no idea how to open them and since (besides these) there are no locked doors except one requiring a yellow keycard, I suspect those doors are pretty important. How do i open them? Is there a switch that opens all of them? Some special key I can't find?
Nash

Re: "Z" marked doors in Crapi

Post by Nash »

Link to WAD please
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file= ... apirc5.zip

For some reason, it doesn't have any music, not even in the .wad file, at first I thought there's something wrong with my settings :D

EDIT: I found the yellow keycard, maybe there will be a switch beyond that door to open those ZDoors.

EDIT2: Ok, the single yellow-keycard door had only another yellow keycard and exit inside. I'm disappointed. :D
ArkVogel

Post by ArkVogel »

Kicking up some dust here because I'm on my Nth attempt at a playthrough in this wad and searched around to see if anyone had any luck: You can't open the white Z-Doors on the first visit. They open from the other side if you come through a portal on a later level (Hairball Upper I think). But I guess by now you've probably figured out that the maps aren't linear and the goal is to simply explore as much as you can.

Return to “Off-Topic”