We gotta figure out what the hell these Russians are doing.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: We gotta figure out what the hell these Russians are doi

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

xenoxols wrote:I dunno, inserting a bunch of plot into doom is kinda the opposite of what I want. The other aspects of TNO would be good however.
in this day and age, a game without a story is usually not going to happen, especially from a big developer like id. that's not to say that a modern shooter can't be good, i mean look at TNO after all. better there be a story that's at least good than it going in a confused direction like the new Shadow Warrior game did (i found it hard to care about how serious the plot went when the mood of the rest of the game was so silly and stupid.)
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Marnetmar wrote:[Screenshots from]
https://vimeo.com/90188410
This was a director's demo reel. Where is the proof it had anything at all to do with Doom 4? You can't just say, "This was Doom 4 the way it was originally going to be!" when the video you reference never makes that claim, unless you have some external source you're not mentioning for some reason.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

randi wrote:
This was a director's demo reel. Where is the proof it had anything at all to do with Doom 4? You can't just say, "This was Doom 4 the way it was originally going to be!" when the video you reference never makes that claim, unless you have some external source you're not mentioning for some reason.
With all the images released, all the destruction mixed with minor hellish stuff from the red glows in some shots, and all these matching up with the 'leaked Doom concept art / images' a couple years ago, it was at least the second version of Doom 4 before the current third version as far as we know.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

randi wrote:

Every character/environment in that footage has a match somewhere in the leaked Doom 4 assets from a couple years ago.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Were those even proven to be part of Doom?
IMX

Post by IMX »

CorSair wrote:
Hellstorm Archon wrote:https://vimeo.com/117437076
Video is private now, can't watch. Any alternatives?

Secondind this request
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Oh my god... Thank god we are not getting this.

Seriously, Lack of demons, No relation to any of the other games in the series... This would have been a fucking trainwreck. Plus just looking at it I am pretty sure they were going to once again include SOVIET RUSSIA as the main plotpoint and blahblahblah.... Thank you Bethesda and ID for scrapping this.

Return to “Off-Topic”