[NEED HELP] Strange Soundfont Issue

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

[NEED HELP] Strange Soundfont Issue

Post by Evil Operative »

Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum and it is about the midi soundfonts that DooM uses to play its music. Please watch the video for details of the issue and don't forget to give feedback. :)

Nevander

Re: [NEED HELP] Strange Soundfont Issue

Post by Nevander »

I'm sorry I'm not here to respond about your problem, I wish I could, but where can I find that MIDI of These Walls? That was amazing.

EDIT: It's from MAP13 of Whitemare 2
TheUltimateDoomer666

Re: [NEED HELP] Strange Soundfont Issue

Post by TheUltimateDoomer666 »

It sounds like an issue with the CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth itself.* It seems to be either skipping/not recognizing some sort of pitch bend event(s). Does this problem still happen if you let the entire MIDI play from start, without using the Windows Media Player seek slider?

* This issue also happens with the Yamaha S-YXG50 VST MIDI Synth (which is not a sf2 bank). So I'm not sure if there would be any way to fix it.
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Re: [SOLVED] Strange Soundfont Issue

Post by Evil Operative »

TheUltimateDoomer666 wrote: Does this problem still happen if you let the entire MIDI play from start, without using the Windows Media Player seek slider?
Yes, it still does.

EDIT:I tried to download another version of the midi that plays the defective part properly. I stumbled upon the same midi of the music, but that version actually played that part really nicely. The strange thing is that both the midis are the exact same, but the latter plays the part normally. What's up with that?

Return to “Off-Topic”