PS2 Sound Converting?... (.STR files)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Clownman

PS2 Sound Converting?... (.STR files)

Post by Clownman »

So once again I go back to some more ripping, this time for sounds once again. After FINALLY ripping some textures from Pac-Man World 2 and 3 I always wanted to try and get access to some of the main characters voice clips for some use. (Martin T. Sherman is honestly the best voice Packers ever had.)

So after working my ass off I find a program to extract Blitz Games GCP files known as "QuickBMS". I finally get access to Pac-Man World 3's files. However, I have came across yet another problem once again. This time the format is in ".str", There are a few .wavs also extracted but those are unplayable and will crash my media player if opened. I have tried to get some help from quite a few places yet I can't seem to get any. I also tried several sound converters but it says the file is a larger amount of seconds (a 128kb file it says it's 2932.8760 which just seems impossible.) and the only sound that I am able to get is static at the beginning before just cutting out.

I have tried importing the raw data of these files into Audacity and with a bit of messing around, while it's still a staticy mess If you listen closely you can hear what sounds like voices. Again, Barely able to understand what is being said but voices none the less.

I can post a few samples and the GCP itself if I am allowed to

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
FuzzballFox

Re: PS2 Sound Converting?... (.STR files)

Post by FuzzballFox »

http://www.vg-resource.com/forum-112.html Might be worth having a peek or signing up here. C:
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I do have an account there, Sadly when I asked for help the only person who responded didn't seem to understand the filetype either. Also I still can't post in the requests forum yet until I make 20 posts which will take a while since I am not going to spam just so I can do so.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Aw sorry to hear =/ I did a bit of a search around but couldn't really find anything.

Return to “Off-Topic”