New Wolfenstein game

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jeimuzu73

Re: New Wolfenstein game

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

The sawing of the shotgun reminds me of Army of Darkness.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

xenoxols wrote:I didn't get a classic Wolfenstein vibe from that. Honestly I don't think TNO should even be called a Wolfenstein game.
Fun fact: There are more Wolfenstein games that are nothing like Wolf 3D than there are Wolfenstein games that are like it. The only one that would give you that classic Wolfenstein vibe is 3D.
SamVision wrote:A bit too ridiculous even for Wolfenstein.
Wolf 3D: A guy throwing syringes that turns people into mutants. Hitler ghost robots. Hitler in a giant mecha suit.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Zombies, and Nazis trying to resurrect a Germanic barbarian warlord that was sealed by apparently Corvus.
Wolf '09: Dimension-spanning monsters and a medallion that, among other things, can makes your bullets pierce.

Let's face it, all of them are ridiculous. :P
Nash

Post by Nash »

The cheesy vintage production style and especially that Wilhelm scream made me laugh so hard. XD
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Since the 2009 Wolfenstein, this saga is just keeps sinking deeper and deeper. Except the characters, they're totally different from what they've started in 1992. Seriously, what will be the next? The Vorticons, Shikadi and the evil Krodacians form a super-alliance with the Nazis and BJ has to single-handedly clean up this mess? Poor BJ... :(
(actually I'd really enjoy that storyline, being Mortimer McMire as the new Hitler)

And as y'can expect, the Spear-saga isn't finished since then, therefore I say we should accept Spear Resurrection and Spear & End of Destiny as canonical sequels.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

I am going to play the hell out of this just to spite everyone that thought The New Order was too far fetched - you know, the latest sequel in a series originated by a developer who made games about a super-genius 8 year old flying intergalactic missions in a bean-powered spacecraft; a demon invasion; and an invasion by a Lovecraftian old one.

But really it's because TNO was good fun, even with the rage-inducing bugs I encountered in hard mode and the occasional unclear design exacerbated by said hard mode problems.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Yea, I agree, Commander Keen was very successful, they (finally) should pay some attention on that one, too. Sure, BJ can stop a few wicked Nazi leaders, but only Commander Keen could defeat the fiendish Mortimer McMire once and for all (even though he got his arse kicked in "Battle of the Brains"). I strongly believe that a new Commander Keen episode would sell just as good as a new Wolfenstein episode.

Those dang dirty evil Krodacians deserve to die anyway.
Nash

Post by Nash »

inb4 mature dark Keen reboot cuz "dark is cool"
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

I AM HYPE
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

GooberMan wrote:I am going to play the hell out of this just to spite everyone that thought The New Order was too far fetched - you know, the latest sequel in a series originated by a developer who made games about a super-genius 8 year old flying intergalactic missions in a bean-powered spacecraft; a demon invasion; and an invasion by a Lovecraftian old one.

But really it's because TNO was good fun, even with the rage-inducing bugs I encountered in hard mode and the occasional unclear design exacerbated by said hard mode problems.
It's an extremely stupid and far fetched concept because BJ would have killed all the Nazis way before 1946.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Dude, did you actually play TNO?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Yes, but at the beginning of the game BJ should have been able to escape somehow. It wouldn't have to make sense.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

xenoxols wrote:It's far fetched because it's more realistic.
Well, I

What?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Yeah it is a weird logic that you can't deny, when something is closer to realism than occult and magic, but still feels very "out there" it tends to feel even more ridiculous.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

xenoxols wrote:It's an extremely stupid and far fetched concept because BJ would have killed all the Nazis way before 1946.
I level the same criticism at Wolf3d episode 3. BJ would not have been sent on that mission to kill Hitler because he would already have killed Hitler before then.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

I'm talking about the nazis winning the war being too far fetched. I haven't played wolfenstein 2009, but from RTCW it seems very far-fetched.

Return to “Off-Topic”