EA just killed Maxis!

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: EA just killed Maxis!

Post by Zanieon »

Incredibly, they NEVER thinks in close D.I.C.E, the only one which needs to be really closed (no i'm not on hope that this new Mirror's Edge will be anything good as every Battlefield Bugfield CAN AND WILL BE WORST than the previous)

EA is just being EA by closing the subsidiaries which don't give them easy money with a low-cost game (yes i am looking at you Need For Speed), they did the same back on 2013 by closing Blackbox which was developing Need For Speed World and this game at least was having potential because IT IS FREE, but instead of a focused investiment only in this game, they had to try Need For Speed: The Run, which was their doom, so EA closed them and NFS:W still stays alive until the interest on it fade out completely due to be a unfinished game and suddently they will close the servers too.

I remember that Maxis "tried" a sequel to Spore, but Darkspore caused a hell of problems to EA so they decided to literally vanish with the game, now this thing is a myth where only the forums of the game exists to prove that this was made by Maxis someday, only few people in this planet which we call Earth have this game on a disc.
Big C

Post by Big C »

At least EA can keep the bottom line intact better than Tim Schafer. And hasn't had to ask for double Kickstarters like the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter.

If I sound like I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, it's because I'm picky at this point, and not pleased with anyone claiming the high ground in words alone when there's so many failures and broken promises.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

The Maxis that got shut down was the original founding studio over in Emeryville, which most recently created the infamous SimCity reboot. That's what's probably to blame here.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Subsidiary branch laid down due to poor performance, more news at eleven.

Now, which one is the next in future?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Enjay wrote:Has Maxis really been Maxis recently anyway? I mean, it's sad an all but wasn't Maxis basically already gone?
Exactly that, and to be honest, Sim City 2000 was the last game I have in mind that really was good and innovative.

... reminds me that I grew up in good times, where cheats didn't cost money and "free to play" was really "freeware" at all
VGA

Post by VGA »

Kinsie wrote:The Maxis that got shut down was the original founding studio over in Emeryville, which most recently created the infamous SimCity reboot. That's what's probably to blame here.
Good 8-)

That goddamn travesty of a game should be a reason for blood. Other developers take notice, please.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

These are really bad news... The commercial monster thing is eating everybody! FUCK OFF EA & ITS FIFA/SPORTS STUFF, THERE IS MORE THAN THAT OUTSIDE! They also once fucked up my favourite development house: Looking Glass Studios... such a shame...

scalliano

Post by scalliano »

CorSair wrote:Subsidiary branch laid down due to poor performance, more news at eleven.

Now, which one is the next in future?
Criterion.

I hope.
DaMan

Post by DaMan »

I didn't know Sims4 was selling that bad. EA's ways finally catching up to them?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

DaMan wrote:I didn't know Sims4 was selling that bad. EA's ways finally catching up to them?
The Sims 4 was developed by The Sims Studio over at the EA Redwood Shores campus. They are unaffected and are polishing up the first expansion pack for release early next month.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I hope EA will consume Shitty interactive too. And die of food-poisoning. Heh heh heh!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Enjay wrote:Has Maxis really been Maxis recently anyway? I mean, it's sad an all but wasn't Maxis basically already gone?
It's pretty much the same as when Activision gutted Raven. Though a good developer (heard nothing but good things about X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Quake 4, Singularity and Wolf '09 were legitimately good games), it wasn't the same people who made Heretic.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Most of the old Raven team left to make Human Head. Dunno how they're doing, now that Prey 2 has been canceled.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I'm gonna be honest with my view here, even if i sound like bastardiest corporate bastard.

You're not producing money, git teh fook awt.(Even if it was my fault for a start)
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

I had no idea EA was a thing anymore, I figured most gamers worth their salt wrote them off.

Return to “Off-Topic”