I'm actually done with BD

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: I'm actually done with BD

Postby Armaetus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 am

Nevander wrote:I do however use Doom Expanded instead. It accomplishes the same thing as BD, without being overly ridiculous and still keeps the classic Doom feel while being fresh. I tried Beautiful Doom but I didn't like it too much.

I do the same with my RDND mod, atop not really being into Beautiful Doom as well.

fellowzdoomer wrote:
demo_the_man wrote:Yeah i was wondering what happent to mark, the EA of doom. Hes gone silent on everything, but then again theres this new gustavo guy that was hiving around lately.

He was banned off of almost all doom related forums due to his attitude, the fact that he told people to kill themselves and even said he's "worse than Hitler". The worst part? He says these are jokes. Jokes.

Yea, I'm not surprised he's banned from here and Zandronum forums but not Doomworld (yet). He probably knows the staff have little tolerance for stupid bullshit antics he pulled elsewhere.

scalliano wrote:I look at some of the more elaborate mods I've played over the years - UTnT, DE, WF, LoS, BTSX, UAC Ultra, etc and I lament the fact that .WADs like those didn't get the coverage BD did, when they are all much more indicative of where the scene is at (I actually rate UTnT's final boss battle as one of my all-time favourites in terms of games in general, not just Doom). Where's their spot in PC Gamer?

It's like those idiots on Kotaku only like the mods that will stir up controversy among the gaming community.
Armaetus
RDND, Maps of Chaos and Obsidian Dev

Discord: Armaetus#8512
Github ID: GlaiceOldSchoolRTS
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby TheBadHustlex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:27 am

That's the way that 80% of all journalism works: Who wants to read that everything is fine, that everything is OK?
Saying that something is spectacularly aweseome/controversal/horrible... gets way more peoples attention.
TheBadHustlex
Better than stalin.

Postby Trance » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 pm

TheBadHustlex wrote:That's the way that 80% of all journalism works: Who wants to read that everything is fine, that everything is OK?

Trance
Please do not mimic the behavior of me

Postby Enjay » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I'd just like to announce that I am no longer playing Barney Doom. I am calling it quits with this mod.

I'm sorry, but IMO, the fact that there was a perceived need to announce that a person is quitting BD and that there is a 4 page discussion about said announcement is just as problematic as any of the other nonsense that has gone on around BD. And yeah, I'm adding to the discussion. :P
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby mallo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Yeah but he made the Brutal Video Vault so I guess it's not like any random member making a thread about stopping playing

I'm gonna say what many others said and say that I just don't like brutal doom. It feels weird to me. :/
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.

Postby Enjay » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 pm

mallo wrote:Yeah but he made the Brutal Video Vault so I guess it's not like any random member making a thread about stopping playing

I suppose there is that. But he didn't post all 4 pages. ;)
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Armaetus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Enjay, I have been considering making an announcement on total abandonment of the mod for a while not so that is why I ended up making it earlier this week to finally get through with it and not leave my subscribers wondering why the posting of BD themed videos dried up sometime in October (and the recording of my last BD videos back last February). The Brutal Video Vault is no more, it is the Doom Video Vault now and focused on general Doom stuff mostly, typically playthroughs of PWADs.
Armaetus
RDND, Maps of Chaos and Obsidian Dev

Discord: Armaetus#8512
Github ID: GlaiceOldSchoolRTS
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby leileilol » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Enjay wrote:I'd just like to announce that I am no longer playing Barney Doom. I am calling it quits with this mod.

Same. I also undid the terminator 2 dmaud changes to my doom.wad after realizing that movie was 24 years ago and arnold's lines fell out of the lingo
leileilol
フォニュエール!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Ghastly » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm

You're evidently not quite yet done with Brutal Doom since you started a thread to talk about it. :P

I don't like the mod myself, but what I like less is how these discussions keep starting again and again. If we really don't like it, why do we keep bringing it right back to the center of discussion?
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby leileilol » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:50 pm

similarly i'm starting to have regrets in putting in the "Brutal" blood option in Engoo now. should have called it 'psychopath mode'
leileilol
フォニュエール!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Here we go again on another Brutal Doom thread. So far it's mostly people complaining about the wad itself, but what people seem to forget to mention that the coding is also a mess with plenty of bugs still in the mod. At one point in time, the posts on the Doomworld Facebook page used to be visible for the whole public before it's just members only. There were a good number of posts of people talking about Brutal Doom. There was this one kid who wanted something else similar that wasn't made by Sergeant Mark IV, and that post had a good number of replies.
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

Postby Big C » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 pm

What Doomguy 2000 said.

My favorite feature of Brutal Doom was the Marine-bots, really. I was amazed they could follow you around anywhere in the level and were actually useful.

Of course, once Hideous Destructor added a similar functionality, guess how much playtime Brutal DooM started getting on my PC? :P
Big C

Postby NeuralStunner » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 pm

leileilol wrote:similarly i'm starting to have regrets in putting in the "Brutal" blood option in Engoo now. should have called it 'psychopath mode'
You could call it "Nosebleed Mode". Some of the kiddies seem unduly... turned on by excessive gore.

If you don't want everyone and their dog asking "??!", you could instead name it "Bloodlust". It's descriptive, plus hints at being punched to death by ogres. Win/win!(?)
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Not hardcore enough. Go with BlüdLüst

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:21 am

Caligari_87 wrote:Not hardcore enough. Go with BlüdLüst
But then we're right back where we started. :P
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic