Your Computer(S) Specs

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Zadango

Re: Your Computer(S) Specs

Post by Zadango »

Something that makes me laught is the "OMG LATEST INTEL KORE IXVI OWERPOWERED FRYTEK PROCESSOR I NEED IT DAMN" I don't clearly see why you would need a processor with a lot of cores. 4 cores with correct frequency, thanks to a cooler and good motherboard can do the job in terms of gaming. A Core I7, or if you want mo humongous calculating power, a 12-core Xeon is only cosmetic.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It really depends on the application. Certainly, there are a lot of games for which the video card is more important than CPU, but for things like fast compiles, raytracing scenes in 3D modeling programs, or emulating complicated systems like the Sega Saturn or Playstation 2, these are heavily CPU-dependent and require some serious brute force that a video card can't provide.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Pretty sure fast processors with 5 or more cores are better for video rendering and stuff like that.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

phantombeta wrote:Pretty sure fast processors with 5 or more cores are better for video rendering and stuff like that.
Yes, this is true as well, especially for video compositing jobs that are heavy on special effects and filters.

Return to “Off-Topic”