Your Computer(S) Specs

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
XanderK9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Your Computer(S) Specs

Post by XanderK9 »

Caligari_87 wrote:Look for some kind of program that gives you "workspaces" or multiple desktops on one monitor. I use Linux, and I have four workspaces arranged 2x2. You can probably find something for Windows that does the same. I'll usually put a browser in one, and depending on what I'm working on, GIMP in another, reading/schoolwork on a third, fourth contains my Pandora app, Pidgin chat and misc other stuff. It's seriously incredible and really makes life easier.

8-)

I'm aware of such software, but when I said I have a couple of windows side by side it's because I'm actively using them for my current work. Fortunately, I usually don't need multiple windows when I'm working on digital art, but as I have started learning on modding for ZDoom, I usually have one instance of Slade3 and the web browser showing the wiki, but I sometimes have another window of code that I use as reference to understand the typical structure of code I'm currently working on. I just need to adjust my workspace to make it more comfortable on my laptop.

However, I'll keep that in mind whenever I will have a more complex workspace. :)
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Caligari_87 wrote:Look for some kind of program that gives you "workspaces" or multiple desktops on one monitor. I use Linux, and I have four workspaces arranged 2x2. You can probably find something for Windows that does the same. I'll usually put a browser in one, and depending on what I'm working on, GIMP in another, reading/schoolwork on a third, fourth contains my Pandora app, Pidgin chat and misc other stuff. It's seriously incredible and really makes life easier.

8-)
This is not a good reason to install it, but windows 10's window snapping provides similar functionality. It was incredibly useful when I was using windows 10, but steam didn't always work properly. And fullscreen youtube blue screened the computer. So yeah if you don't have anything that needs window in said workspace, try using some linux distro. I have actually never used software like that for linux but I have heard of it.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Dual monitor setup?
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Yeahip. A 27" monitor and a 32" TV.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Right! I have a new PC. Here're the specs.

Operating system: Windows 8.1
Motherboard: MSI H97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 760
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Ehhh why not. I'll post mine. Here's mine.

Spoiler:
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Forgot to mention that I have a CRT monitor that only accepts 16:9 resolutions. It cuts off a lot of the image. Also you have a very high-end graphics card but a 1600x900 display? Why would you even bother with a 780ti!?
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

xenoxols wrote:It cuts off a lot of the image. Also you have a very high-end graphics card but a 1600x900 display? Why would you even bother with a 780ti!?
Maybe because he doesn't have a monitor any larger than that? :|
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

My point was that buying a 780ti is spending extra for no benefit if your playing at that resolution. Even for 1920x1080 some cheaper cards are almost as good.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Maybe he has a lot of money, but likes smaller resolutions. :p
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Maybe something requires an insane graphics buffer.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Or perhaps paying a little extra for the privilege of not having to buy another damn $300 video card for the next five years.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

wildweasel wrote:Or perhaps paying a little extra for the privilege of not having to buy another damn $300 video card for the next five years.
That's what I was thinking of, a stronger GPU will be retain its viability longer so he won't have to keep replacing it if he wants to continue playing new games.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

MetroidJunkie wrote:a stronger GPU will be retain its viability longer so he won't have to keep replacing it if he wants to continue playing new games.
This is why I chose a 780Ti.

Also, sorry about not replying guys. Shit got in the way. Oh well. Now, back to doom! :D

Return to “Off-Topic”