New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Tetzlaff

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Tetzlaff »

Introduced myself a month ago. Still can't post in the projects subforums because it says my posts need to get approved first. Can somebody help?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Tetzlaff wrote:Introduced myself a month ago. Still can't post in the projects subforums because it says my posts need to get approved first. Can somebody help?
You have to hit 5 posts to get the threshold past new users.

I went and did a quicksie over your profile though and didn't see anything alarming, so I've deflagged you. You should have full member privileges now.

Of course, your next post will get you to that threshold anyway, so... there is that. :)
Tetzlaff

Post by Tetzlaff »

Thanks :) I was sure I already had more than 5 posts, but nevermind.
ChroniclerOfLegends

Post by ChroniclerOfLegends »

Hi everybody! My name is Chrono.
(I go by Chrono, Chronicler, or ChroniclerofLegends)

By day I'm a retro game sales rep./repair tech.
By night I'm a game developer and digital artist.

I was introduced to Doom as a kid in the 90s, (way before I should have been playing it) and have loved what I will call 'retro' FPS games ever since.
Games have changed over the years, and FPS games moved away from fast paced arena shooters and (my opinion) everything feels like a reskin of Call of Duty now. I stopped playing FPS games around COD: MW3 and feel like an old man who misses 'the good old days' of FPS games. Well imagine my surprise when retro fps games started making a comeback. I have been having a ton of fun playing GZDoom and total conversions like Freedoom and Hedon.

I mentioned above that I am a hobbyist game developer and artist.
In the last year, I finished work on my first game - Nix: The Paradox Relic. It is a homebrew metroidvania for the NES. It has been amazing to have completed an entire game, even as small
as it is. I have experience programming with Python and... ASM6502.
As you can see from my profile pic, my preferred art style is Anthro art. I don't have a recent portfolio (I stopped posting to deviantart quite a while ago) but you can see some of my art on my games page in my signature.

My goal joining these forums?
I want to be a part of this revival in retro FPS games, and eventually make my own total conversion mod based on the world of my other game.
I have spent the last two weeks playing with Slade and Ultimate Doom Builder, but I am definitely still a complete noob when it comes to modding.
I am here to slowly learn all aspects of Doom modding, and check out the awesome mods everyone is making! :D
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Sup Chrono.

I'm sure you'll pick it up pretty quickly. Especially with your past experience. Even I have, mostly.

Looking forward to seeing your first project :)
MObreck

Post by MObreck »

Hello, not good with introductions but here goes.

Been messing with DOOM and similar engine games since their early days. Mainly from a programmer perspective (dehacked,Duke3D .con files, etc). Sadly most of my work from those days is lost. I didn't have much access to the internet back then and lost most of my personal creations in a rushed hard drive transfer. Actually learned most of my skills from tools I got off one of those shady wad collection CDs sold for retail, being even if I did have better internet access I would have had no idea where to start looking to learn how to do modding online back then.

Done a lot of modding and fangaming work on and off over the years. Created a new minor famous Mugen creations from its early years as well.

Right now I'm here to showcase the DOOM to Heretic conversion asset pack I've been working on. I also have some resources I'd like to share to this public domain from my various modding experiments once my new member restrictions are lifted.

I'd also like to work on a GZDoom TC project at some point with other modders, but we'll see where that goes.
JustFuxedUp

Post by JustFuxedUp »

Hi there. I'm usually just called Fux.

For the most part, I just lurk on the forums and play around with mods that I like. That's how I've been with this forum for a couple years.
However, more recently I've started to look into modding myself for GZDoom and how to go about it. I'm bound not to go into anything extensive, but moreso quality of life things for multiplayer, since that's what I do a lot with buds.
My experience with modding or programming in general is lukewarm. My github is a ghost town, and my actual programming can be equated to being self-taught. However, it's still an enjoyable experience for me.
That being said, I can't wait to dive in.
CryptOfZoology

Post by CryptOfZoology »

Hi there.

I've been a fan of Doom for years, mostly ever since I gave myself a try on Brutal Doom for the first time, which led me to discover the brand huge world of Doom mods.
I'm not a modder, though, I'm just a casual fan who loves all things Doom and the endless creativity behind its community.

I'm an illustrator though, so I'd like to share some of my own creations with the rest of you guys. And who knows, maybe I'll inspire other modders as well. That'd make me very happy :mrgreen:

Rip and tear!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

CryptOfZoology wrote:Hi there.

I've been a fan of Doom for years, mostly ever since I gave myself a try on Brutal Doom for the first time, which led me to discover the brand huge world of Doom mods.
I'm not a modder, though, I'm just a casual fan who loves all things Doom and the endless creativity behind its community.

I'm an illustrator though, so I'd like to share some of my own creations with the rest of you guys. And who knows, maybe I'll inspire other modders as well. That'd make me very happy :mrgreen:

Rip and tear!
May I direct you here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=44989&start=360

Oh, and welcome!
CryptOfZoology

Post by CryptOfZoology »

Vostyok wrote:
CryptOfZoology wrote:Hi there.

Rip and tear!
May I direct you here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=44989&start=360

Oh, and welcome!

Oh nice! I never noticed about that before.
Thank you so much! :D
Tombstone665

Post by Tombstone665 »

Hello there.
I'm Tombstone665 (Juan) and I love Doom since I was little.
Now that I'm Registered on zdoom fourms,
I been looking to being here
Lamp Pipe

Post by Lamp Pipe »

Hello there, This is Lamp Pipe, also known as Lilian Lamp on discord, named after my OC of the same name.
Created this account a while back, but I never really used it.
I Have been a fan of Doom for a while. Got into it around the time AEOD was still the most famous mod I think, but I only got the game less than ten years ago I think.
Made some sprites and mods I didn't release. Will be happy to show off what I make here on the forum too. (less mods, more sprites maybe.)
rgk

Post by rgk »

Hi!

I wrote many DOOM/QUAKE tutorials for a French gaming community focused on FPS games. Long-time lurker on zDOOM, I have been fascinated by the insane quality of the modding scene for DOOM.
Fencer 23

Post by Fencer 23 »

Looks like I forgot this part, anyway Fencer 23 here, I just love the sexy girls (a lot :wub: ) and made mods with them. :lol
So I decide to share the works I did (Like my avatar, she is a sexy mugshot I made for doom).

If someone is going to do a project with sexy girls let me know. a glady to help. :D
Molinardo

Post by Molinardo »

Hello, im here mainly to show off my new doom wad here. it's still in alpha phase so there's stuff to change but i hope you guys can enjoy it!

Return to “Off-Topic”