New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
magicturtle

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by magicturtle »

Hi, I´m new here
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Welcome, magicturtle!
BHVXT98

Post by BHVXT98 »

Hiya! I'm new here. Though I suppose that goes for everyone in this thread that makes this same post. I've been playing Doom for about twelve years now and I've been tinkering with modding it thru DECORATE and ACS for eight. I guess that's really about all I have to say to be honest. Hope to see you around more often!
Saldemesa

Post by Saldemesa »

Hi, I am Sal de Mesa ( Table Salt), I'm from Argentine, I just play doom, How do I get here? I don't know and my english sucks.
I want to say my opinion on some mods I am playing and if I can, give feedback of my travel around the worlds of doom.
I started playing old maps and things...there are too many visions to explore.
Well, Talking to the empty space trying to present myself its not an easy task...saludos.
middlefingerman

Post by middlefingerman »

Welcome, Saldemesa!
ChaingunChaCha

Post by ChaingunChaCha »

Hi I'm new and I'm ChaingunChaCha. I've been playing Doom since I was a kid. Mostly vanilla wads or things fairly close to vanilla. I've made my first mod recently in the "Gameplay Mods" forum to tailor Doom 2 to my current liking and learn how to do it. I'm looking to try out more mods/wads and learn more about editing Doom.
Nidian

Post by Nidian »

Been lurking here for a long while... decided to create an account to say hi.
dsucks

Post by dsucks »

Also been lurking here for some years :)
Sadi47

Post by Sadi47 »

I am Mussadaq from Pakistan you can call me Sadi it's my short name and I love it.
Summer Laverdure
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Summer Laverdure »

hi, I'm Summer Laverdure, i just came here to thank Sangelothi for Neocore, but i might pop in here some time
Siorus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Siorus »

Hi, fellow doomers. I've been lurking here for some time already, but eventually I've decided to join to be able to report bugs and give input to mods I use often.

Believe or not, my first Doom game was Doom 3. I suppose that allowed me to enjoy it without anything to compare. Time passed, played by chance Quake 4 and finally, I bought willingly Doom 3 BGF (my original copy was long gone who knows were) and that way I stumbled upon the classics. After Doom 2016, I did a long search on how to run Doom in the current days. Got gzdoom and the rest is history.

I love tweaking, changing setting and combining stuff to get exactly the experience I want, and there is no game like this for that. I did my baptism of fire playing doom 1&2 in UV with beautiful doom in vanilla settings and then jumped to Project Brutality. Now I just can't get enough to try, put together and experiment like a manic small child in a toy laboratory.

My programing/modding skills are zero and I barely have time to even play in normal days, so I try to be helpful just with the said above and either writing lore/descriptions for whoever wants or translating into spanish, which is my actual primary lenguage.

So, hi again, I guess. Probably I will be a very low profile user, but I'll be glad to answer anything, even requests within my skills without problems.
Dwim-pon

Post by Dwim-pon »

Heya, I'm Dwim-pon! I'm a non-binary peep from France and a longtime lurker. I've been meaning to join for a while, so I've decided now would be the time! Hope the community is good and welcoming.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Dwim-pon wrote:Heya, I'm Dwim-pon! I'm a non-binary peep from France and a longtime lurker. I've been meaning to join for a while, so I've decided now would be the time! Hope the community is good and welcoming.
Hello Dwim-pon! Welcome to ZDoom and glad you decided to take the lunge forward. I am looking forward to your contributions. Welcome!

And everyone else also welcome! Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions (Provided they are Doom related, heh)
electrodragon554

Post by electrodragon554 »

Uh, yeah, Hi,
the name's electrodragon554. I'm a quiet and shy person (hence why I didn't post anything until this moment). I don't mind contributing to the doom community, I just don't know how.
Hopefully, this community is warm and welcoming...
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Welcome, electrodragon554!

A fine way to contribute is to share any skills you possess, whether it comes to art, programming, music or sound design or map design. If you feel like you have an idea or a project, have a think about posting in one of our ideas or wip threads. Don't be afraid of feedback and your skills will improve. Many of us have learned our particular skill sets just by making things.

Otherwise, the best way to contribute is to follow the rules and offer helpful feedback on any of the other projects people are working on here. Many of us feel a little self-critical of our own work, and it is always difficult to put stuff for others to view.

Look forward to hearing more from you :)

Return to “Off-Topic”