New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby adamaH_oriH » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Welcome to the House of Zdoom, Elias79.

Where we love to grind demons, Jam to good music(Rock N Roll, Heavy Metal, Doom OST, Old Skool Rave, and More!), Speak to helpful people, Eat fresh Sushi and Udon noodles, Praise our great admin, Wild-weasel, drink 10 gallons of iced Root Beer, and chunk expired eggs at cyberdemons, all while The UAC and Hiro Hamada's armies Kick demon's asses. New Users are always welcome, Just try not to piss anyone off.
User avatar
adamaH_oriH
Commander of Hiro Hamada's Army
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Location: Mars Base

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Voros » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Name's Voros. Been with Doomworld for one year, and a number of months watching the spriting carnival thread, and saving interesting GIFs on that thread, cause I love them. Made an account here just to post my first post. Then post more I guess.
I play mostly on PrBoom+ these days, due to reasons, but I support ports like ZDoom, GZDoom, QZDoom, 3DGE, Chocolate Doom, etc endless list I suppose. Regretfully, I haven't tried the D4D, and for some reason, I'm more hyped for Nevander's Doom 64 Retribution. Because I <3 Doom 64.

I also love listening to instrumental music more than lyrics, hence why I always love playing Doom with new music. At this very moment, I'm listening to the instrumental version of Shoot To Thrill heh.

Spoiler:
User avatar
Voros
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2017

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby adamaH_oriH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Voros wrote:Name's Voros. Been with Doomworld for one year, and a number of months watching the spriting carnival thread, and saving interesting GIFs on that thread, cause I love them. Made an account here just to post my first post. Then post more I guess.
I play mostly on PrBoom+ these days, due to reasons, but I support ports like ZDoom, GZDoom, QZDoom, 3DGE, Chocolate Doom, etc endless list I suppose. Regretfully, I haven't tried the D4D, and for some reason, I'm more hyped for Nevander's Doom 64 Retribution. Because I <3 Doom 64.

I also love listening to instrumental music more than lyrics, hence why I always love playing Doom with new music. At this very moment, I'm listening to the instrumental version of Shoot To Thrill heh.

Spoiler:

Welcome to the platoon, Voros.

as I had posted above, we love to do lots of things here. Hope you enjoy your stay! :D
User avatar
adamaH_oriH
Commander of Hiro Hamada's Army
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Location: Mars Base

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm only technically "new" - can't remember my original password, and my original email is lost to time, so I'm back with an alternate account. Hopefully, I can start modding again - I don't know what all I lost when my hard disk drive fried, so it might take some work to get back up to speed.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Rachael » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:44 pm

A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.
User avatar
Rachael
QZDoom + Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby adamaH_oriH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Rachael wrote:A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.


I would love to know of this hijacking! what happened?! what about all the accounts?
User avatar
adamaH_oriH
Commander of Hiro Hamada's Army
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Location: Mars Base

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby wildweasel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 am

adamaH_oriH wrote:
Rachael wrote:A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.


I would love to know of this hijacking! what happened?! what about all the accounts?

this old announcement thread has the relevant details.
User avatar
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby adamaH_oriH » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:21 pm

wildweasel wrote:
adamaH_oriH wrote:
Rachael wrote:A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.


I would love to know of this hijacking! what happened?! what about all the accounts?

this old announcement thread has the relevant details.


Oooooh No.
User avatar
adamaH_oriH
Commander of Hiro Hamada's Army
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2015
Location: Mars Base

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby kadu522 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,i have been on the forum as a guest for some time now (some months) and i play a lot of videogames with a gameplay focus.
I do also plan to make maps someday but i need a new laptop for that.
User avatar
kadu522
A gameplay lover,heck i play a ASCII Based game is your gameplay is good enough.
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Location: Brasil,Rio de janeiro
Discord: kadu522#0658

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby wicked_one » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 am

Hello Everyone :)

I am a long time modder from back in the day, but fell out of it over the years due to life circumstances. I have recently discovered Brutal Doom and it has awakened in me a new creative fire. I have been inspired to bring my old map ideas back to life, and over the coming months, (more like years), I will be working on them in my spare time.

In my work life I am a game developer in a small startup with my friends. I also have a BAS in Animation and Visual Effects with a focus on 3D modeling. Doom mapping in the 90's is what got me started on that career path. This is my roots. Blasting hellspawn among the screams and flames of Hell is part of my soul, and I'm sure you all can say the same.
User avatar
wicked_one
 
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Elias79 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 pm

adamaH_oriH wrote:Welcome to the House of Zdoom, Elias79.


Thanks for the nice welcome adamaH_oriH 8-)
Elias79
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2017

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby SoundOfDarkness » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm from germany and I grew with up Wolf3D and Doom, back in the day when germany still was extremely antiquated in terms of violence in games and movies. Wolf3D was the first game I ever played on a PC and Final Doom was the first game I bought for PC.
I'm not a modder even though I sometimes try to fiddle a bit in the files of some games to change things to my personal taste. The only real mod I ever created was a little tweak to Doom 3 for a friend because nightmare was still too easy for him. I've been a occasional visitor to this forum for about a year now but only recently registered.
My taste in games is not really compatible with most of the mainstream and most games on my drive are about 10 years old or older. The only exceptions are Shadow Warrior 1 & 2. I'm also absolutely not a fan of Steam and all the other platforms that force you to be online and have all that DRM crap. That's why I love GOG and that's the only place where I buy PC games today. But I'm not part of the "PC Master Race" since also play on Playstation 3 and 4. Since there is no legal way to get Doom 2016 for PC without Steam I bought it for PS4, even though I don't really like playing FPS on consoles.
User avatar
SoundOfDarkness
Offering translation help for Wolfenstein based mods
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2017
Location: at home

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby beatdown » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi, my name is Zach and my friends have called me Ballzach since middle school. I've been playing Doom since I recieved an old i486 DX2 that was handed down to me. I'm a big time metal and hardcore punk fan (I love the brutal stuff) and play guitar in a slam band. I'm also a heavy user of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and BSD. My first introduction to multiplayer Doom was playing some deathmatch on Windows 3.1 and DOS machines via serial using null modem cables. Years later I discovered csDoom and then ZDaemon. I also have a younger brother who is an avid doomer like myself. I had always wanted to create WADs for Doom but the tools were much too complex; then I found out about Doom Builder in 2009 or so and it was on from there. I currently use SLADE because it is cross platform. Here is my mugshot:

Image
User avatar
beatdown
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Lud » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Willkommen to ze forumz. You're the first person I see who posts mugshot along with introduction, lol.
Lud
 
Joined: 11 Feb 2016

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Manuel-K » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking for several years and finally decided to join… we'll have too see how much writing I'll be doing.

I mostly use GZDoom (and DOOM Retro) on Linux.
Manuel-K
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 3 guests