New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Ex-jogador

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Ex-jogador »

Taffinator wrote:Hello there, I'm Taffinator, the Welsh T-800.

Been a long time lurker and now decided to join and give my 2 pence ideas to questions and try out some cool mods. Also, to ask question in my complete inability to actually computer.
Oh! Another Terminator series fan. Me too.
middlefingerman

What's up my dudes!?!

Post by middlefingerman »

What's up y'all?
I jus signed up for a account!1!!
And I luv DOOM!!! :)
How u guys duin in here!?!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Welcome!
middlefingerman

Post by middlefingerman »

Thanks, Vostyok!
DOTHEDA

Post by DOTHEDA »

Hi, I'm DOTHEDA, I'm a hobbyist (and amateur) programmer looking to make applications and mods for (Z)Doom. I've been lurking these forums for years now but only recently bothered to make an account. Anyways, I have some fun projects planned, so I hope to eventually unleash those unto the world.
CyberDemonSlayer73

Post by CyberDemonSlayer73 »

Hey guys.

Not really sure about how this forum works, but I like Doom and I've been playing it quite a bit with the Corona situation. I found this forum on a Google search a while back, but I have decided to actually make an account here. I would like to make my own stuff for Doom like levels and what have you, unfortunately I don't really know how yet. I'm still learning the basics, but I have some cool ideas that I would like to create some day, perhaps with the help from users of the Z Doom forum. This looks like a nice board with nice people, hopefully I can become part of the community.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

CyberDemonSlayer73 wrote:Hey guys.

Not really sure about how this forum works, but I like Doom and I've been playing it quite a bit with the Corona situation. I found this forum on a Google search a while back, but I have decided to actually make an account here. I would like to make my own stuff for Doom like levels and what have you, unfortunately I don't really know how yet. I'm still learning the basics, but I have some cool ideas that I would like to create some day, perhaps with the help from users of the Z Doom forum. This looks like a nice board with nice people, hopefully I can become part of the community.
If making maps is your bag, there are plenty of different places to get started.

http://www.doombuilder.com/index.php?p=tutorials
Doom builder hosts their own tutorials. Make sure you get a copy of GZdoomBuilder at least if you want to see the newer additions, such as 3d floors and such. But if you would rather make old-school Boom or vanilla maps, there are plenty of videos that show the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJWEe2_a3s

If making mods is your thing, working with Zscript or Decorate is your first thing to learn.
I started here to get the basics of working with programs like SLADE.
http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html
There is also a wiki that links to all the supported functions, as well as a list of tutorials.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Tutorials

And don't feel shy about asking around in our How Do I threads.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing what you make :D
CyberDemonSlayer73

Post by CyberDemonSlayer73 »

Thank you! That's very helpful, and I look forward to making my own levels for Doom. :D
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Welcome to all new participants of the ZDoom Forums. :)
Substance20

Post by Substance20 »

Hello, I'm Substance20. Long time lurker, first time poster. I used to just play mods, now I make them too thanks to some kind folks here who showed me the ropes, so thought I'd begin sharing my stuff with others as well :)
occultishgrublin

Post by occultishgrublin »

Hiya, OccultishGrublin here. I've played Doom to varying degrees in my life starting with Doom95, but I've only ever lurked any related forums, even after I found out about the Cacowards and started paying more attention to WADs and mods, which is why I finally made this account to maybe offer bits of feedback where I can.

Of course, my long association with Doom and later Quake among other things and my resonance with aesthetic trappings therein accounts for the "occultish" bit; as for "grublin," I simply also happen to be quite fond of goblins but the less-corrupted spelling maybe lacks a sense of specificity for a personal handle, and a goblin crossed with a beetle grub probably would be more of an occult thing than a regular goblin.
mmiov

Post by mmiov »

Sup, Im new here.
mmiov

Post by mmiov »

Ok here's a proper introduction, I've taken an interest in doom as recent as late 2019 (december) and since then i was trying out nearly each official game that has come out (still haven't tried community things or stuff like sigil yet), although i did hear about doom since 2016 and i remember encountering a cacodemon in some sort of a mario fusion game before many years ago but anyway yeah, i have an interest in art and character design and such, also huge geek/nerd of undertale/deltarune, hope i don't end up being a liability on anybody around here and hope that i could make some new friends since im kinda lonley nowdays,

oh yeah, i already knew about the fourms beforehand a short while ago, but the moment i decided to register was when it told me that it's required for me to have an account to be able to view member's profiles and such, turns out i gotta have 5 posts too, anyway yeah.
TheXGamer2020
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TheXGamer2020 »

How do I make a post?! I am searching everything on the pages but i still can't! Do i have to wait sometime after my registry?or it's me who's the dumb one?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheXGamer2020 wrote:How do I make a post?! I am searching everything on the pages but i still can't! Do i have to wait sometime after my registry?or it's me who's the dumb one?
You just need to wait for a moderator to approve your post to make it visible.

Return to “Off-Topic”