New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jared Deberjerak

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Jared Deberjerak »

Hey everyone, I hope you're all having a great day. I started modding about a year and a half ago after watching a bunch aquarius videos and playing a couple of maps and mods, and iv'e had tons of experience with Slade3 and DoomBuilder in that amount of time but iv'e never released anything, so I thought this would be a great place to share my shit (I mean what the hell's the point in making something if you have no one to share it with?) and get involved with the community. Sorry if i sound a bit [censored word] in this post, I got kinda nervous when I started writing this, but i finally just said fuck it and wrote whatever the fuck. I'm also really bad at ending things so, bye.
SenTex

Post by SenTex »

How do I send a PM?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

SenTex wrote:How do I send a PM?
You should be able to see a PM button on a user's profile now that you've had a post approved.
Applefat.GOV

Post by Applefat.GOV »

Hi! I'm an artist that's interested in learning to use GZDoom and the tools involved! I've made a map for Joy of Mapping 4 to start with, but i hope to make many more things! (also Planning to try and make a game with GZD since the GPL thing happened)
7HEPOW
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by 7HEPOW »

Yo!

Probably like a lot of people, I'm a long time forum stalker and now finally registered. I got some issues both with ZDoom and my head. I also got...

Twitch, YouTube and Bandcamp for anyone interested... :D

Running Linux (Manjaro) exclusively might be important to mention, but more as an end user and not as a dev. Nonetheless quite nimble in figuring stuff out, even if things get a bit more complicated... :P

My profile picture is a mugshot of myself kindly processed by my trusty old C64.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Hey all!

Like many before me I have finally decided to register here!

I am a long time modder and even helped the zdoom wiki with examples. Gonna release my mod that is a monster/player replacer soon. Also have aYouTube channel where i showcase that mod, and maybe someday soon gonna start doing different stuff.
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

Hello everyone.
I am 39 years old. So I've been playing Doom since I was 15!

I'm from Argentina, excuse my English!
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Lurking in this forum for more than a year...I finally decided to register.

Been playing Doom since 1994 until now and play it with and without mods.

'Nuff said.
Retarded Freak

Post by Retarded Freak »

i have this account for a while now but my last post was a while ago, so might as well post here

i'm a brazillian 15yo. i made this acct because i like playing doom, mostly with weapon/monster mods, though i suck a bit at it. my dad used to have a shareware copy of doom 1, along with heretic and hexen, back when he was a young adult, so one might say i picked this habit from him. i like gaa1992's gameplay mods, colorful hell, high noon drifter, metadoom, d4t, legendoom and (to a lesser extent) brutal doom. i feel that's enough to get my point across
AraHaan

Post by AraHaan »

Hi, I played Doom many years ago when I was very young into my childhood on an (sadly) Windows 95 & 98 SE as my biological father back then did not want me to use any versions of windows newer than Windows 2000 with games like original full version of Duke Nukem 3d, 2, 1, Doom 2 Hell on Earth v1 (or w/e it said) and stuff like those games. I been wanting to recently (Since I have an Inspiron 1545) be able to modify the original wad format of dooms to be able to have 3d bit (RGB/A) textures in doom somehow to replace the 8 bit gunky ones that I never really liked because they did not look very realistic. I been programming for at least 8 years (started with old VB6 on Windows Vista (all the hacks I had to do on the icon of forms)), I been recently using C, C++, and python and been wanting to get more into programming. I also have a github and discord account too.
AlphaSoraKun
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Hello, I'm sort of new here, sort of not. I came back because I can't find the initial e-mail to my old account, so, props to wildweasel for merging the accounts into one.
Metrasher

Post by Metrasher »

Hello there!!

I'm new to the forum and (of course) a Doom enthusiast.

So I'm glad that after many years from first Doom came out, and I played it as a child, now I'm digging into Doom related stuff, and really enjoying what's out there.

I usually play GZDoom in quad buffered stereo mode, with Project Brutality (before was just Brutal Doom), among some others like Ultimate Doom Visor, etc.

So, hi to everyone!
GeneralDelphox
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by GeneralDelphox »

Hey!

I'm obviously new here! Name's GeneralDelphox. I'm not gonna post much, but I'll be doing a lot of stalking on this forum site.
dodopod

Post by dodopod »

Hello, everyone. I'm currently working on a commercial game in the Doom engine. It's a sort of blend of metroidvania and immersive sim. For the near future, expect to see occasional technical and gameplay prototypes.
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

Hi, everyone! I've been actively playing Doom for 3 years, and reading this forum for a long time. I registered back in May, but forgot to introduce myself. :D I'm interested in modding and I got lots of ideas (gameplay mods, maps, a Visual Studio Code extension for Doom scripting) but I can't really work on anything right now due to lack of time.

Return to “Off-Topic”