New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
shole
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by shole »

Hi
I'm a developer and wish to contribute some code, and need to communicate with some people here.
Kaleii08

Post by Kaleii08 »

Hi, i exist.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Impossible!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Hi :)
what's goin' on?
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

now there's a name i haven't heard in a very long time...
monstario

Post by monstario »

Hello, I am here and... yeah, not much more.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

monstario wrote:Hello, I am here and... yeah, not much more.
Maybe you should put a bit more effort into that introduction? This isn't directed only to you, but to all people who made similar, low-effort intros.
monstario

Post by monstario »

Blue Shadow wrote:Maybe you should put a bit more effort into that introduction? This isn't directed only to you, but to all people who made similar, low-effort intros.
Okay, I'm sorry, I just thought some people may find this funny. :blergh: In that case...

My childhood game franchise was Half-Life - loved every second of them and finished the games almost infinite number of times. But I've actually never finished the original Doom. I loved Quake 4 (since it's a fast-paced corridor shooter like HL but more arcade-ish, which I really liked) and DOOM (2016) even more, which I even 100%-ed on Nightmare. Due to its hidden classic level secrets, I became more interested in the classics and learned about the awesome GZDoom source port, which is heavily customizable and yet you can still have vanilla-like gameplay. It took me a while to gather all official expansions and games, but I finally managed to make an ultimate collection (also with Wolfenstein and Quake). Currently, I'm planning to make a simple Linux selection menu to choose id Software's classic games (as commands with different parameters) for my Linux desktop. But I haven't actually beaten any of them yet, only the first episode of Doom 1 :3:

Although I liked Quake 4, I was indifferent towards Doom 3 (finished it only once) and now I can see why - its gameplay is nothing like that of the classics, and that's why the DOOM 4 is sooo much better! Looking forward to Doom Eternal.

You guys also seem to have a really neat community right here, and I see the community surrounding Doom and Quake is really strong even today - upcoming Sigil aka Episode 5 is also a testament to this.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Welcome! I think that's a wee bit more effort than he was asking for - but that's okay, that's a good thing - there's never such a thing as too much effort in an intro post. :)

Anyway - appreciate the positive comments. This community does try to be welcoming and while we cannot completely avoid drama we do try to steer clear of it when it's possible to do so. We stay strong because of something we all have in common - which is our love for classic games.

So - Welcome! :)
ClovisTheLazyKing

Post by ClovisTheLazyKing »

Hello, I'm Clovis. I recently started making map wads as a hobby - mostly for Heretic rather than Doom. I'm also an amateur music composer. I joined because I want to get to know the GZDoom and Heretic community, as well as finding a partner (preferably someone new to map making) I can collaborate with regarding maps, wads and such. I haven't released anything yet, but that might change soon.
DragonFlayer

Post by DragonFlayer »

Greetings, I'm Gabe and I joined recently to share a little project I made for some friends who really enjoy the more rogue-ish mods for DOOM, just a guy that spends too much time on his computer, cheers!
Hurykles
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Hurykles »

Hello, I'm Hurykles. I discovered Doom in 2013/2014 while i was looking for some old school games. I was amazed when i played it first time. Even though I've beaten Knee Deep In The Dead in more than 2 hours (heh B-) ). After these many years Doom doesn't stop to shock me and i would be happy to add something to community of this great game.
Oh... i forgot... i also started studying programming at the end of last year so i hope it will happen soon =:)
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

MFG38, Doom mapper/general Doom enthusiast hailing from Finland. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.
CvH9000

Post by CvH9000 »

Hello ZDoom forums!
The names CvH9000,
I mostly make weird Doom mods, and love the old Dooms, aswell as the newer ones.
Hope to have some fun on this forum!
Drathian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Drathian »

Hi, I'm Drathian, I'm around on the net a bit but for here:

I've been a doom person since back when it was released, it was my second i386 game after wolf3d, I do a lot of editing and fixing things. I like to do stuff with software that people say are impossible or haven't been done before, so that's where my main interests are with coding.

Return to “Off-Topic”