New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
sol_raiser

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by sol_raiser »

I've been lurking for about a year now and decided I may as well drop in. Eyyy.

I preferred Zandy before I realized Zdoom and its variants are where it's at.
ElectricDragon

Post by ElectricDragon »

I've been lurking here for a little more than half a year, and haven't bothered making account until I started making content.

So, my first posted content is a patch for another mod, and I hope I can get a good amount of bugtesting and feedback on it.
TensorMatrix

Post by TensorMatrix »

Hi,

I have been browsing these forums around 3 years. I am currently finishing my first map looking to post it into "Projects/Levels" and get some feedback on it.
Can i post the wad file as an attachment or should i use Google Drive/Dropbox?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Google Drive or Mediafire. Attachments are for small files only and dropbox no longer supports public folders. Also, nice UT'99 avatar. Matrix is my fav face, tho. :P
TensorMatrix

Post by TensorMatrix »

Thanks for the reply, the wad file is only about 90kb. Also didn't know about Dropbox longer supporting public folders.
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

Hey ya'll. I've browsed this place for some days and I've always, even before I knew of this forum site, was always wanting to be part of the mod community.

I've practiced myself and things look decent and smooth, but that's open for some suggestions of what I plan to create for this community. :)
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

Hi, I'm that edgy guy from Doomworld with Fredrik on his avatar. Maybe you've seen me somewhere? I've made some crappy vanilla maps, too.
Registered here to have one more forum to shitpost on, although I'm not much of a ZDoom fan. The completely opposite, actually.
:]
Leon_Portier

Post by Leon_Portier »

Hi, after my discovery of DooM source ports a year ago it is time to get into the DooM community!

Modding is everything for me. So why not try a bit of everything? Here are some examples I particually enjoyed making.
Spoiler:
Xyzzy01

Post by Xyzzy01 »

...I had actually forgotten I registered here not long after I registered on Doomworld. Hello everyone! How are y'all doing? I'm still new to doom wad and mod making, but I'm getting closer and closer to releasing stuff everyday!
Airos
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Airos »

Hello, I'm Airos (sometimes known as Airos the Tiger).

My introduction to Doom was in 1994, when I played the shareware version on a 486/66, although Wolfenstein 3d was my first introduction to the FPS genre. It required a boot disk because the computer had exactly 4mb of RAM and Win 3.11 didn't leave enough to run Doom (it's been so long I can't remember if it was extended or expanded memory that there wasn't enough of).

I remember getting D!ZONE and playing a whole bunch of... something. Some things were great, some were trash. I tried my hand at messing around with editing things, but I didn't go much further than changing wall textures, adding extra props, and changing which monsters were on the map (something something Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon in the E1M1 courtyard). I tried making a new map and (for 14 year-old me) found it to be obtuse with an almost impossibly steep learning curve.

Then I moved on. I have vague recollections of Doom 2 on Win95, but I was never quite as into it as I was the first game, (and never quite into the retail chapters as I was Knee Deep in the Dead). At one point I had Doom 3 on the original Xbox and hated every fiber of it (I didn't even want to use it to play Doom 2). Fast forward to 2012, and a friend of mine introduced me to Skulltag, had some fun with co-op maps, tried my hand at map making again (probably Doombuilder), and then moved on after getting frustrated at something so unimportant I don't even remember it.

Which brings me to 2016, and learning of Brutal Doom. It sparked my interesting in the game again, and in the last few months I've discovered the joy of modding the hell (HAH!) out of one of my favorite all-time games. edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention ICARUSLIV3S on YouTube for not only showing me so, so many more incredible mods, but linking to these forums (previously I was only aware of ModDB) in many of his videos. /edit

At this point I have almost a dozen dedicated folders for particular blends of mods I love, (yes, I'm aware of mod managers; I prefer to take a manual approach and find satisfaction in knowing that each particular "build" is specific to each bundle of mods, and that it's "pure" and isolated from cross-contamination).

So, I'm here for a multitude of reasons. I want to see the latest and greatest mods the community has to offer. I want to get my hands back into modding again, with a primary focus on making new maps with custom/expanded monsters and weapons. I want to talk with people who can explain things to me when I break stuff. I look forward to interacting with the community.
Darkstorm Zero

Post by Darkstorm Zero »

Hey there, Darkstorm Zero here. Another long time lurker and budding spriter in the works. Just figured I'd come in and hopefully make some new friends on the scene :)
Roundabout Lout

Post by Roundabout Lout »

Hello. Roundabout Lout is my name, and I've been lurking in the projects section ever since I saw Demonsteele on Rock Paper Shotgun.
Before I saw that trailer I had never played Doom for more than a minute or two, but seeing what I could only think of as first person Bayonetta or Devil May Cry had me immediately downloading a source port.
Without official iwads, I loaded Demonsteele up with FreeDoom, and got so hooked on the gameplay that I went through each episode of it over and over again for a solid week before finally getting doom2.wad and truly diving in.

At first I would only touch gameplay mods, like the aforementioned Demonsteele, Space Pirate, Project Brutality, Trailblazer, etc. Something about the one frame muzzle flash on Doom's starting pistol would turn me off.
But then my laptop I was using started rapidly approaching death, forcing me to downgrade to an older laptop I gifted to the family. I was pretty much stuck with just Demonsteele (not that I minded playing hundreds of hours of it!) and Project Brutality for 6 months to a year. On a whim, or someone's recommendation, I tried Smooth Doom, and the classic gameplay finally clicked with me. I don't have that problem with the old animations now, and find it silly I ever felt that way to begin with.
These days I kick myself around a little for not playing Doom growing up, as I fucking love it!

I'm joining the forums because I want to dive deeper into the community, with the goal in mind to start map making! I find designing a solid enemy encounter to be immensely satisfying.
Hoping to make some friends, have my first Doom multiplayer session, Deathmatch or co-op, and maybe one day make a non-linear total conversion of my own, something similar to City of the Damned.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this all :)
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Post by Evil Operative »

Hey @Darkstorm Zero and @Roundabout Lout.

Welcome to the zDoom Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay :)
doommarine1979

Post by doommarine1979 »

Hi guys! I'm new here! Doom is still my favourite game until now and forever! :D
MentzWolf
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by MentzWolf »

I believe I've already done an introduction here but I'll do one again since it's been awhile (see the flawed logic here?):

I am MentzWolf. I'm an old-school headbanger (Slayer, Kreator, Testament, Death Angel, ect), a retro gamer (check out my icon yo), a musician and a digital artist in my spare time. I'm friendly, kind-hearted and peaceful most of the time. I guess you can say I'm kinda timid, but that doesn't mean I'm a coward or a wimp. I kick asses but don't talk shit (unless it's for fun). I believe in sportsmanship in tandem with competition; if I lose, I congratulate my opponent. If i win, I show the loser some respect (unless they get all butt-hurt). I have a pet cockatiel named Hedwig (yes, like the bird from Harry Potter) whom I've been taking care of for the last 5 years (he's 17 now). He's goofy as hell but cool nonetheless.

Just wanted to re-introduce myself XD Thanks to everyone for being such an awesome community!

-MentzWolf

P.S. Tell the idiots at :foxnews: to quit being such nut jobs!
Last edited by MentzWolf on Fri May 19, 2017 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”