New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
jakob

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by jakob »

Hey. I'm just posting here because I need to PM the Developers group.

Suppose I should put something else here, no? My name's Jakob if you can't tell, and I'm really interested in computer security. You can check out the things I do at http://jakob.space/.
HyperUltra64

Post by HyperUltra64 »

Howdy.

I've been playing doom for years, got into playing mods for it a few years ago, and am now currently messing with making my own mods.

The ZDOOM forum seems like a fantastic place to discuss everything doom related, mod or not.

I dabble in pixelated art as well so I put two and two together and figured doom would be a great platform to put those pixels to use instead of just sitting around as static artwork.

So yeah. That's all.
CSSLZT13
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CSSLZT13 »

Hello! Name's, uh, CSSLZT13! Don't mind the name, it's just a useless acronym.

Came here because I've got an interest in playing mods for Doom. Got into Lithium, Russian Overkill, and Prodoomer, and I love them all!
Spoiler:
Thank you and have a good day.
GuyNamedErick

Post by GuyNamedErick »

I don't think I ever made an introduction despite being registered for a while, but hello there, I'm GuyNamedErick, or just Erick. I have been a long time Doom fan for over a decade and I wanted to get into the community of Doom more often for a while now, I am more of a lurker but I do post more frequently in other sites. I have seen many mods and levels recently and I am impressed how far Doom modding has went in the past decade.

I have been trying to learn how to edit and improve my pixel art to make a mod one day, although seems like that may never see the light of day with my confidence. :? So there's that, hope to stick around well.
antares031

Post by antares031 »

I've made an account for ZDoom forum, just in case. Hi there, everyone. :)
andreat1988

Post by andreat1988 »

Hiii!!! I'm a new member!!
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hi, I'm an old moder from 2009, I made a little community then called "HeXentic Games" where we were a group of fans of Heretic and HeXen and make some maps for those games. I stopped to make mods in 2010 but now I'm back finishing one of the projects of those days and also helping people with mods.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hi! I'm m8f, software tester/programmer.

I played Doom as a kid in late 90s at father's work computer. Then I forgot about Doom for a long time.
Some time ago I searched for games in Debian repo. There are not very much games there, but repository is a convenient way to get them. So, I searched for shooters and found FreeDoom (with PrBoom+). After finishing both episodes, I found doomworld/idgames, Cacowards, ZDoom/GZDoom, and many many mods. So, I am here thanks to FreeDoom.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

m8f wrote:Hi! I'm m8f, software tester/programmer.

I played Doom as a kid in late 90s at father's work computer. Then I forgot about Doom for a long time.
Some time ago I searched for games in Debian repo. There are not very much games there, but repository is a convenient way to get them. So, I searched for shooters and found FreeDoom (with PrBoom+). After finishing both episodes, I found doomworld/idgames, Cacowards, ZDoom/GZDoom, and many many mods. So, I am here thanks to FreeDoom.

I'd already played the JDoom port/3d model stuff, but yeah, it was I found Freedoom that I discovered the full potential of Doom's modding capabilities, and as an extention of that, Zdoom!

So yeah, Freedoom is pretty awesome.

Oh, and welcome!
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Greets guys and gals. I made my account yesterday. I didnt even knew that this thread existed (Probably because i dindt noticed it hah! Darn you poor lack of sleep!).

Im just a gamer that loves to play and modding. Not much to tell, but Doom certainly has a place in my heart and been playing it since the old days (Altough i never owned a copy until much later, i did try it out often over at a friend's house). I often lurked this forum like a invisible Pinky, but decided to make an account, so, hi! :mrgreen:
SuperArjunaButt

Post by SuperArjunaButt »

Hi everybody,

I think I first played Doom when I stumbled across a Flash port of the shareware version on Newgrounds back in 2008. Fast forward a bunch of years, and I'm a regular in the chat in vectorpoem's WAD Wednesday livestream (which is where I found out about (G)Zdoom). I'm planning to post a Lovecraft-themed WAD this weekend for GZDoom on both this and the DoomWorld forums. It's just MAP01 for Doom 2 for now, but depending on how many people like it I might add a couple more maps.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

After much time away (and one junked email account) I have returned, somewhat wiser.

If the mods want to staple my previous account's posts to this one, that's fine, if not, that's also fine.

I'll probably spend most of my time in the Hideous Destructor thread.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Bigger C wrote:After much time away (and one junked email account) I have returned, somewhat wiser.

If the mods want to staple my previous account's posts to this one, that's fine, if not, that's also fine.

I'll probably spend most of my time in the Hideous Destructor thread.
Welcome back, buddy.

Hope things are well.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Certainly better, at least!
Penelope

Post by Penelope »

Hey there and i'm kinda new here <.< Hopefully all these people are nice enough..
But this zdoom forum is almost silence... :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”