New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
adamaH_oriH

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by adamaH_oriH »

Welcome to the House of Zdoom, Elias79.

Where we love to grind demons, Jam to good music(Rock N Roll, Heavy Metal, Doom OST, Old Skool Rave, and More!), Speak to helpful people, Eat fresh Sushi and Udon noodles, Praise our great admin, Wild-weasel, drink 10 gallons of iced Root Beer, and chunk expired eggs at cyberdemons, all while The UAC and Hiro Hamada's armies Kick demon's asses. New Users are always welcome, Just try not to piss anyone off.
Voros

Post by Voros »

Name's Voros. Been with Doomworld for one year, and a number of months watching the spriting carnival thread, and saving interesting GIFs on that thread, cause I love them. Made an account here just to post my first post. Then post more I guess.
I play mostly on PrBoom+ these days, due to reasons, but I support ports like ZDoom, GZDoom, QZDoom, 3DGE, Chocolate Doom, etc endless list I suppose. Regretfully, I haven't tried the D4D, and for some reason, I'm more hyped for Nevander's Doom 64 Retribution. Because I <3 Doom 64.

I also love listening to instrumental music more than lyrics, hence why I always love playing Doom with new music. At this very moment, I'm listening to the instrumental version of Shoot To Thrill heh.
Spoiler:
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

Voros wrote:Name's Voros. Been with Doomworld for one year, and a number of months watching the spriting carnival thread, and saving interesting GIFs on that thread, cause I love them. Made an account here just to post my first post. Then post more I guess.
I play mostly on PrBoom+ these days, due to reasons, but I support ports like ZDoom, GZDoom, QZDoom, 3DGE, Chocolate Doom, etc endless list I suppose. Regretfully, I haven't tried the D4D, and for some reason, I'm more hyped for Nevander's Doom 64 Retribution. Because I <3 Doom 64.

I also love listening to instrumental music more than lyrics, hence why I always love playing Doom with new music. At this very moment, I'm listening to the instrumental version of Shoot To Thrill heh.
Spoiler:
Welcome to the platoon, Voros.

as I had posted above, we love to do lots of things here. Hope you enjoy your stay! :D
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I'm only technically "new" - can't remember my original password, and my original email is lost to time, so I'm back with an alternate account. Hopefully, I can start modding again - I don't know what all I lost when my hard disk drive fried, so it might take some work to get back up to speed.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

Rachael wrote:A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

If you can prove your identity by PM'ing me your old email address, or at least an old ISP you once used (and from where), I'll merge/reactivate your old account for you.
I would love to know of this hijacking! what happened?! what about all the accounts?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

adamaH_oriH wrote:
Rachael wrote:A lot of accounts had to be deactivated because we had a hijacker last year that was taking accounts in droves.

I would love to know of this hijacking! what happened?! what about all the accounts?
this old announcement thread has the relevant details.
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

wildweasel wrote:
adamaH_oriH wrote:

this old announcement thread has the relevant details.
Oooooh No.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,i have been on the forum as a guest for some time now (some months) and i play a lot of videogames with a gameplay focus.
I do also plan to make maps someday but i need a new laptop for that.
wicked_one

Post by wicked_one »

Hello Everyone :)

I am a long time modder from back in the day, but fell out of it over the years due to life circumstances. I have recently discovered Brutal Doom and it has awakened in me a new creative fire. I have been inspired to bring my old map ideas back to life, and over the coming months, (more like years), I will be working on them in my spare time.

In my work life I am a game developer in a small startup with my friends. I also have a BAS in Animation and Visual Effects with a focus on 3D modeling. Doom mapping in the 90's is what got me started on that career path. This is my roots. Blasting hellspawn among the screams and flames of Hell is part of my soul, and I'm sure you all can say the same.
Elias79

Post by Elias79 »

adamaH_oriH wrote:Welcome to the House of Zdoom, Elias79.
Thanks for the nice welcome adamaH_oriH 8-)
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Hi everyone.
I'm from germany and I grew with up Wolf3D and Doom, back in the day when germany still was extremely antiquated in terms of violence in games and movies. Wolf3D was the first game I ever played on a PC and Final Doom was the first game I bought for PC.
I'm not a modder even though I sometimes try to fiddle a bit in the files of some games to change things to my personal taste. The only real mod I ever created was a little tweak to Doom 3 for a friend because nightmare was still too easy for him. I've been a occasional visitor to this forum for about a year now but only recently registered.
My taste in games is not really compatible with most of the mainstream and most games on my drive are about 10 years old or older. The only exceptions are Shadow Warrior 1 & 2. I'm also absolutely not a fan of Steam and all the other platforms that force you to be online and have all that DRM crap. That's why I love GOG and that's the only place where I buy PC games today. But I'm not part of the "PC Master Race" since also play on Playstation 3 and 4. Since there is no legal way to get Doom 2016 for PC without Steam I bought it for PS4, even though I don't really like playing FPS on consoles.
beatdown

Post by beatdown »

Hi, my name is Zach and my friends have called me Ballzach since middle school. I've been playing Doom since I recieved an old i486 DX2 that was handed down to me. I'm a big time metal and hardcore punk fan (I love the brutal stuff) and play guitar in a slam band. I'm also a heavy user of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and BSD. My first introduction to multiplayer Doom was playing some deathmatch on Windows 3.1 and DOS machines via serial using null modem cables. Years later I discovered csDoom and then ZDaemon. I also have a younger brother who is an avid doomer like myself. I had always wanted to create WADs for Doom but the tools were much too complex; then I found out about Doom Builder in 2009 or so and it was on from there. I currently use SLADE because it is cross platform. Here is my mugshot:

Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Willkommen to ze forumz. You're the first person I see who posts mugshot along with introduction, lol.
Manuel-K

Post by Manuel-K »

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking for several years and finally decided to join… we'll have too see how much writing I'll be doing.

I mostly use GZDoom (and DOOM Retro) on Linux.

Return to “Off-Topic”