New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Bezhael

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Bezhael »

Greetings everyone. My name is Bezhael, and yes I am named after a dremora. I was going to use Kynval but decided that Bezhael was a better name.

I am fairly new to the doom community. I mostly read about it on Encyclopedia Dramatica and Kiwi Farms and decided to check it out. I decided it seems to be a fitting community to be with since I am also into modding games as well. I also am attracted to a game that has a large modding base too. A lot of cool things are going on here.

I am working on trying to get something working in doom but I have a hard time working at it. I use Slade for Linux to examine game files.
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

Also I made more then one approved post and still it seems that I am unable to PM people or post instantly on the forum. Is this a bug in the system?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Bezhael wrote:Also I made more then one approved post and still it seems that I am unable to PM people or post instantly on the forum. Is this a bug in the system?
The board is currently set up so that you need at least 10 posts before you are no longer considered "newly registered." I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

wildweasel wrote:The board is currently set up so that you need at least 10 posts before you are no longer considered "newly registered." I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
You should maybe update this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25967 to reflect that then. It has been driving me nuts trying to figure out how to directly contact you guys or figure out which forum was appropriate to post this problem in.

Also hi, I've been lurking these forums for about a month. Joined up because I'm curious and like following mod development here.
ZippeyKeys12

Post by ZippeyKeys12 »

Spoiler: Doom-wise
Spoiler: Forum-wise
Spoiler: Modding-wise
Lüt

Post by Lüt »

Yo.

I'm here.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Are you Lud's German cousin?
Gumbo Shrimp

Post by Gumbo Shrimp »

Hello there im new!
Lüt

Post by Lüt »

Trance wrote:Are you Lud's German cousin?
No, but I have a keyboard named Das Gemütliche Preisentwicklung Mitgliedsbeitrag Spurensicherung.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Gesundheit.
RaiFighter

Post by RaiFighter »

Hullo, folks! Holy cow, it's been a while since I've been on a regular ol' message board. Feels good, yo.

The thing that drew me in was the fact that not only do you damn-near-always wind up here looking for fun Doom-engine stuff (Rise of the Wool Ball was holy-shit brilliant), but the replies (that I've seen) are generally constructive, friendly, and communicative.

I've been trying to get into game development of some kind for ages. Tried bashing my head against the likes of Flash, Unity, Stencyl, and a few others to little success.

For the past few days, though, I've been screwing around in Doom Builder 2, and actually making functional stuff. Not really good-looking stuff, but working. I've started rebuilding the levels from a semi-mediocre GBA game called Dark Arena just to get myself familiarized with building maps, aligning textures, figuring out teleports, etc. I won't be releasing those publically, though- as far as I'm concerned, they're not my work.

The likelihood is that I'll get impatient with the Dark Arena stuff and start playing around with and releasing my own stuff once I'm semi-familiar with the tools.

So, uh, yeah. Hi.
bobzilla_inator

Post by bobzilla_inator »

I'm a total noob to this community, although I am not a noob to Doom. [I am quite familiar with some stuff, e.g. random map generation, gameplay, etc.]

I tend to have fun playing randomly generated wads using ObHack, Oblige, or downloading an occasional Slige WAD (From that 15 year old website that somehow is still alive and kicking despite its Y2K website design. and playing it for ironic enjoyment.) [The maps only take like 1 - 3 minutes to complete and are lovably crap. The ObHack and Oblige WADs are fairly decent. Good for casual randomized play; I love the presets.]

I'm looking for some friends with a shared interest in Doom.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

I joined a couple of months ago and I first wanted to get into Doom mods from ICARUSLIV3S' review of Doom 4 (For) Doom. Brutal Doom is pretty cool aswell.
illusion

Post by illusion »

Illusion in the house.
REENA

Post by REENA »

Hello folks!

I'm REENA; Amateur game developer, intermediate composer, professional procrastinator. (Then again, we all are.) I've been playing DOOM for about 3 years now, with a large variety of mods, and I'm a big fan of megawads and gun mods.

I'm... not sure what else there is to put here, really. Feel free to ask me anything. I develop my games in Unity, and I'm always open to game ideas that you might have. I'm working on a couple of projects on my own, although I'm quite slow. (See "professional procrastinator".)

As for why I joined this forum: I have a fair bit of experience with sound and music design, so I decided to use that skill to give back to the game and the community that keeps me coming back for more time and time again. As such, if I do submit anything in the near future, expect them to be music and sound mods.

(Speaking of which, I have no clue HOW to make a pk3 or wad as a music mod. Any help will be appreciated.)

Thanks, and hope to see you guys around.

Return to “Off-Topic”