New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Alper002

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Alper002 »

Redneckerz wrote: Hello Alper, welcome to the ZDoom community. Regarding the bolded: This was a pretty good introduction, so do not worry. If you want to discuss anything regarding Doom or your knowledge of self, don't hesitate to send me a private message. After all, you should enjoy the community here in any way, shape or form. :)
Thank you! I'll definitely go for that when I get a better opportunity to do so! :D
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

You are welcome, Alper :) Enjoy your stay and have a nice day and remainder of the week!
42_the_Gamer

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

I came here to these forums seeking to post details for a mod that I am developing.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

Hello everyone from zdoom forum :D . I become a member of this forum just because I'm a frequent guest in this forum for downloading and waiting for update for doom gameplay mods.
I'm not much of a talker and to tell you the truth I'm a bit confused on what will I write here.
lecapitaine
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by lecapitaine »

Well, I guess I'll do this while I wait for my approval. I used to come here often and ZDoom was my gateway to gamedev.
Biggus_Johnnus

Post by Biggus_Johnnus »

greetings
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Biggus_Johnnus wrote:greetings
Welcome to the ZDoom Community, John!
MIND

Post by MIND »

What's up?

I got tired of the new Doom's not having any modibility or community, really, because the tech is so advanced now that I just said fuck it, and got all of the classic 90's games.
Rulho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Rulho »

Hello! I've been a lurker here for quite some time (about 3 years already, damn, lol), I'm a bit shy but I want to show some love for some mods that I really enjoy. Maybe I'll start to make mods as well, Doom's code seems some fun.
Clippy

Post by Clippy »

Hello I like Clippy I like paperclips what's your name

Anyone else find the hardest part of making a map is naming it

I suck at names u guys
Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 »

Hello! You've probably seen me in other places, but I didn't have a zdoom account anyway, and I said to myself, why not make one? Greetings to all! <3
jack_the_dragon

Post by jack_the_dragon »

I was a lurker for around 5 or less years and might as well my interduction here. lets just say I was responsible for a few wads before I signed up. and I'm ready to make a better name for myself!
Take One

Post by Take One »

I've been here for several years but have pretty much posted in one thread, ever, so I thought that I'd actually introduce myself.

Howdy! I'm Take One. I usually go by Teo. I'm one of those people who's been playing Doom almost since it was new (and since way before I should have) and still play it almost daily. I've been wanting to "break in" to the community for a long time, but rarely really have anything to say and am honestly not the best at grasping the spirit of new communities, so I mostly just lurk. I've fiddle with things like Decorate and mapping on and off over the years and would like to get the time to learn enough to make proper mods, eventually, but, for now, I just enjoy everyone else's and spend way too much free time looking for new megawads.

Outside of Doom, I do a bunch of music for various things (including a couple of minor games), music and game reviews, dabble in art and programming, and have done some minor voice work, including hosting a local radio show for a few years, which has left me with an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of obscure rock bands.

You guys are cool and I hope that I can get myself more involved in the community in the future.
sgrwtr

Post by sgrwtr »

Hello! I go by Sugarwater online, and can be found at SGRWTR most places. Honestly I'm pretty inexperienced with Doom itself, I've only played through the base games in bits and pieces over the years. But I was totally obsessed with Half life 2 and modding scene for it in my teenage years. Oddly enough before I even played Half life 2, there was a video showing a map recreating the tower of terror ride at Disneyland in that engine that blew my mind not even knowing how it was made. So naturally after I played all the half life games numerous times, mods for it drew my interest. I messed around with the hammer editor, making a few TF2 maps, and a couple single player half life levels for myself here and there but I was never able to finish anything as big as I dreamed. I really wanted to make a complete stand alone game in that engine back then, but alas I was never able to make that dream a reality. Eventually I got into drawing, inspired by anime and the art Craig Mullins did for video games. I like to draw cute characters and landscapes mostly. I worked on my art for about 5 years leaving the dream of making games in my back pocket. But last year I decided to go all in on an original game made in unity, doing all the art and animations, with a partner working on the programming. I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished in that time. That project may have been a bit overambitious for a first time project though and so right now it's on pause. I expect to return to it one day though. Anyway I recently started playing Doom: The Golden Souls 2, playing that mod totally got me hooked and inspired me a bunch. Perhaps Doom, highly influential to the first person games I loved so much all my life, still fun despite coming out before I was born, would be fun to make something in myself? It looks like a lot of fun.

What I love the most about mods is how they are a way for people to turn a video game which was a product sold as set experience, into a means of expression. I think it's beautiful how the original Doom survives today because it also serves as the perfect canvas for fans to make their own. Hope to make a habbit of checking out this place more often to see what's happening, dabble with the tools available myself, and meet the fine people posting here.
Mawboi

Post by Mawboi »

Hi lads! I'm Mawboi (real name not given for obvious reasons) and was born in Sri Lanka.
I found out about DooM through Markiplier's playthrough of 2016 DooM and was interested since.
Then, I came upon the Doom modding scene, and damn hell have I been even more interested.
So, I took to GZdoom and experienced it for myself. Hot damn was it better than any classic game I've played!
(Insert another conjunction here), as an artist, I tried to make a few maps myself (Never gonna release those) and been ever since motivated to make a proper wad.

So, in short: Hello!
(Hope this is good enough :3:)

Return to “Off-Topic”