The ZDoomers' Lets Play Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The ZDoomers' Lets Play Thread

Post by wildweasel »

My brother plays Xenocide. I am relegated to occasional commentary.

[edit] I suppose I could also post a link to my/my brother's collab channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/eksweasel - this is where we post videos we've both worked on (apparently).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

My brother plays Gateworld. Marty Kirra and I are relegated to commentary.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Not quite an LP but...

Team Fortress 2 recently added a replay feature, where basically servers that have it enabled keep track of what happens in a demo-like format for a short while, and so at any time you're playing you can request and download a replay of your last life. From there you have the ability to edit the camera angles, etc., of the replay and the convert it to an actual video file and upload it to YouTube (all within the game.) Getting things set up is a little wonky and ill-documented but it turns out the replay editor itself is pretty easy to use. It took me all of 5 minutes to figure out and then 5 more to set up all of the camera angles for a replay.

This is just a replay I did on a server I found with replays enabled in order to test the process from start to finish. As a test I've used some of the lower quality settings on the video conversion.

FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

My under appreciated let's play of The City of the Damned (With WW-Diaz) that I'm doing as a thank you gift for Wildweasel.

Part 1: In which we struggle for a bit.

Part 2: In which we procastinate for a bit

Part 3 is coming soon!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Today, I have not one, not two, but three more LP videos to offer!

E.C.S

Post by E.C.S »

Here some shitty videos of me and a friend of mine playing Sven-Coop. WARNING: it's in Spanish (with shitty voices).

We stop doing this because the sound lag between my PC and his PC (also it was a dumb idea).
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Well, I've been playing a bit of Terraria. I ran into a Goblin army, and I figured I should record it, I guess.

It went downhill.
(Also, I go ninja mode, around 4:20 :P)
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

More Elroy Hits the Pavement. Here's Part 6:
H3llraich

Post by H3llraich »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Not so much "Let's play," since there's no audio commentary, but close.
Let's Plays are definitely about the commentary. I am a Let's Player myself, too, and I know that for a true Let's Play, audio commentary is essential.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

I'm considering a Let's Play of GS along with a map I've grown to like, Valhalla. Can be found on wadsinprogress.info. Question is, should I even attempt it? I probably wouldn't have that much interesting commentary, at least I don't think.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

My sister and I keep wanting to do a LP, but we can't think of any games we like enough to have a near constant stream of jokes for, but is also not a zillion hours to play or popular enough to have a zillion LPs already.

We're thinking about going through Zelda: OOT now that I have it running on an emulator for easy recording, and man do we have a lot to say about it. Just hope it's not overdone.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Jake and I tried to do a Let's Play of this mod: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19873

But we only made 2 videos before giving up. It was way before we had established the setup we used when we LP'd 3D Ultra Minigolf (our first publically released LP).

We gave up mostly because we couldn't think of very many funny comments to make, and our commentary basically consisted of making impressed comments about the architecture. (Our commentary got boring and repetitive quickly.) Not to mention being plagued by the many mistakes newbie LPers make. (Forgetting to start the recording, forgetting to check that audio is recording, losing the save file we were using, and so many others...) We tried many retakes, playing the beginning over and over again until the process was no longer fun at all... So we decided to give up on that. I still have the videos but never uploaded them anywhere.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

H3llraich wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:Not so much "Let's play," since there's no audio commentary, but close.
Let's Plays are definitely about the commentary. I am a Let's Player myself, too, and I know that for a true Let's Play, audio commentary is essential.
That's why I said it's not really an LP. I do playthroughs (usually as brutally efficient as possible, to be entertaining :P), not LPs. :P
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Here's the final video in my Elroy Hits the Pavement LP!

I wanna thank all my viewers and subscribers! Thanks everyone!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

My brother and I have begun our next co-op LP!
Let's Play Slice 'N Hook! Here's the first video:

Return to “Off-Topic”