Page 1893 of 1950

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:47 pm
by SouthernLion
Wow, I just had a really horrifying zombie apocalypse-ish dream... not lucid at all...

Spoiler:

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 pm
by Captain J
Movie... Man. It's just like Movie. This kind of eerie and violent dream is the thing i want to avoid for a month, but it ain't easy. Anyway it sounded like almost like real thing. Panicking and such...

Sorry you dreamed something like this, but after thinking about how Terminator was made, it has the Bright Side - you probably can make fiction out of this!

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:01 pm
by SouthernLion
Thank you, brother. It was pretty crazy. I've shaken the dream off now, but all day that dream had me weirded out. And then, my late wife visits me in a dream last night... beautiful... again not lucid... I can't explain just how happy I was. How beautiful the euphoria was.. holding her, telling her I thought she was dead (physically from this world.) It was a long beautiful dream, and I'm greatful for her visiting me, always, until we are reunited eternally in heaven. But waking up, I was confused at first... as to why she wasn't in the bed next to me... cause I didn't know it was a dream... and then the escalating grief and depression came full swing as reality hit me. I was barely able to go to work today.

On a brighter note, a female friend of mine has a friend with a little rice burner Honda (fart can, all 110 HP Inline 4-Cylinder, heavy wing on the back slowing it down, etc.) and I guess she was bragging about my WS6 TransAm and he got super pissed. He started talking disrespectfully about my car, which in normal cases is just guy to guy chest puffing, but the fact that this car has intense sentimental value to me with it being my late wife and my baby... it really pissed me off. But I guess she defended my car aggressively, which I'm greatful for her getting my back, especially when I'm not there. I posted this video* on her Facebook page with the message "Let your ricer buddy know, we can play any day. :)" My car isn't the fastest in the world, but compared to a 110HP Honda Civic? That's like Hulk Hogan fighting Steve Urkle. We are in two very very very very very different leagues, automobile wise. I want to put money on a race with him. Normally, I wouldn't take advantage financially of a dumb kid who has seen too many Vin Diesel movies and thinks his grocery getter grandma economy car is a race car, but the fact that he wanted to run his mouth about our baby makes my civility in the matter go out the window. I run with Z06 Corvettes, and Shelby Cobras, I've slaughtered brand new 2019 500HP SRT-8 Challengers. You are not in the same league as me, Honda-boy. Stay in your lane. She loved the post, hahaha.

(0:17 seconds is where you want to watch.)

*

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am
by Rachael
RexS wrote:On a brighter note, a female friend of mine has a friend with a little rice burner Honda (fart can, all 110 HP Inline 4-Cylinder, heavy wing on the back slowing it down, etc.) and I guess she was bragging about my WS6 TransAm and he got super pissed. He started talking disrespectfully about my car, which in normal cases is just guy to guy chest puffing, but the fact that this car has intense sentimental value to me with it being my late wife and my baby... it really pissed me off. But I guess she defended my car aggressively, which I'm greatful for her getting my back, especially when I'm not there.

I can tell you, from a woman's perspective ... it really sucks when guys start to do this.

I can't speak for all women here, but I can tell you my own experience: A lot of times when I meet guys I really just want to be friends. It's nothing personal. Getting caught in the middle of these things is fairly distressing - from my perspective all I see are two friends fighting, and sometimes I can tell who the instigator was - I get very disappointed in him and start to avoid him.

How long I've known one guy or another matters a lot too. If he's in my circle of friends I'm more likely to side with him whether he's the instigator or not - but if I do like the guy he is fighting I will try and calm him down and get him to stop.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 am
by YukesVonFaust
On the other hand, Discord is down right now because of the "Global Outage".

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:46 am
by Gez
YukesVonFaust wrote:On the other hand, Discord is down right now because of the "Global Outage".

Good.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:06 am
by Captain J
Rachael wrote:
RexS wrote:On a brighter note, a female friend of mine has a friend with a little rice burner Honda (fart can, all 110 HP Inline 4-Cylinder, heavy wing on the back slowing it down, etc.) and I guess she was bragging about my WS6 TransAm and he got super pissed. He started talking disrespectfully about my car, which in normal cases is just guy to guy chest puffing, but the fact that this car has intense sentimental value to me with it being my late wife and my baby... it really pissed me off. But I guess she defended my car aggressively, which I'm greatful for her getting my back, especially when I'm not there.

I can tell you, from a woman's perspective ... it really sucks when guys start to do this.

I can't speak for all women here, but I can tell you my own experience: A lot of times when I meet guys I really just want to be friends. It's nothing personal. Getting caught in the middle of these things is fairly distressing - from my perspective all I see are two friends fighting, and sometimes I can tell who the instigator was - I get very disappointed in him and start to avoid him.

How long I've known one guy or another matters a lot too. If he's in my circle of friends I'm more likely to side with him whether he's the instigator or not - but if I do like the guy he is fighting I will try and calm him down and get him to stop.
It's very nice to have such friend, fighting against all the odds with you, supporting with their best... That's the real friendship we don't see everyday, and SHOULD be seen often. Anyway that's really unfortunate because people usually don't respect each other. But they're all individuals with different ideals and thoughts. So i just wish the whole conversation goes well and unharmed in the future. I met some people who disagreed with my plain ol' opinion on Youtube before, and was hard to talk back.
YukesVonFaust wrote:On the other hand, Discord is down right now because of the "Global Outage".
And i'm SO glad that i'm not the only one got the Frozen Connection. I mean hell, browsing through Tumblr while in South Korea is slow and bad enough already.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:14 am
by SouthernLion
Rachael wrote:I can tell you, from a woman's perspective ... it really sucks when guys start to do this.

I can't speak for all women here, but I can tell you my own experience: A lot of times when I meet guys I really just want to be friends. It's nothing personal. Getting caught in the middle of these things is fairly distressing - from my perspective all I see are two friends fighting, and sometimes I can tell who the instigator was - I get very disappointed in him and start to avoid him.

How long I've known one guy or another matters a lot too. If he's in my circle of friends I'm more likely to side with him whether he's the instigator or not - but if I do like the guy he is fighting I will try and calm him down and get him to stop.


Yeah, I agree with you. I don't like girls fighting my battles, that's cowardly. Hell, I don't even usually care about testosterone fueled car ego arguments, I'm too old for that. I don't even know this guy, it's someone she works with and gives her a ride home sometimes, and she was bragging about my car, and it really triggered and upset him for some reason. The only reason his rant pissed me off, is because this car is more than just a "race car". It has intense sentimental value to me with my late wife, and I also find it incredibly poser and disrespectful for someone driving literally the bottom tier of the automobile world talking that way about a car with one of the most sought after engine series in the world (LSx) and a tremendous track record. It would be like me trying to talk about how "Ferraris aren't that great" or "Veyrons aren't really that fast". Like, it's rude, immature, and incredibly detached from reality. I know I'm coming off like I'm just returning the shit talk, but objectively we are in two completely different leagues of performance.

As far as the part you were getting at, I don't know if her and I are going down that path, but I do know we are very close, and she voluntarily aggressively defended the WS6 before I even learned about the story. Like this was just between him and her and her defending our car, and then I was relayed the story later by her with her giggling and calling him "a dumbass." I don't know. I just don't like posers or fake people (which is literally what "rice" is, it's making your car louder or putting flame stickers on it to make people think you have a fast car, instead of actually buying a fast car or upgrading performance on your slow one) and then when this fake young buck starts trashing my American Icon that is my late wife and my baby... it got me pissed enough to call him out like that on her Facebook. I've never even met him, I just know he has a crush on her and she isn't interested at all (in her words, at least), and I briefly saw him through his windshield when he came to pick her up when she .. was.... sitting on my lap.. and kissed me... bye. WOW, I think I just figured out why he's acting this way. Thank you for talking me through this, Miss Rachael. lol

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:21 am
by Rachael
You're welcome RexS.

You're right. He's a faker and he ain't nothing but a hater. And you know what that means? We don't have time to give a fuck about a hater!

Whatever this guy is to this lady, it's up to her to decide who she likes and doesn't like. I realize you probably don't see her that way, and I didn't intend to imply that. But it's very obvious HE sees the two of you that way, especially from what you said in your last paragraph - and there's nothing that'll bring out the worst in an insecure individual like jealousy will.

If she's old enough, and at least as wise as you are, she'll see right through that shit and she'll probably stop accepting rides from him. Nobody wants or needs that kind of toxicity in their life - it's bullshit and it's a waste of time.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:56 pm
by Darkcrafter
Hate to break this up, so I ate at local food court and got a bit sick, from my experience that can happen everywhere whatever you buy and wherever you do, so imagine having a special device that would take a food probe on that and give you a quick warning if it sucks, was there any idea like this? Man if they sale covers for front phone cameras imagine the cuts from this! :mrgreen:

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:49 pm
by wildweasel
Darkcrafter wrote:Hate to break this up, so I ate at local food court and got a bit sick, from my experience that can happen everywhere whatever you buy and wherever you do, so imagine having a special device that would take a food probe on that and give you a quick warning if it sucks, was there any idea like this? Man if they sale covers for front phone cameras imagine the cuts from this! :mrgreen:

Everybody's bodies are different and respond to these things in different ways. One person might be fine with a hamburger that's 99% grease content, and somebody else might get violently ill from it. To say nothing of allergies and the like.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 pm
by Darkcrafter
wildweasel wrote:
Darkcrafter wrote:Hate to break this up, so I ate at local food court and got a bit sick, from my experience that can happen everywhere whatever you buy and wherever you do, so imagine having a special device that would take a food probe on that and give you a quick warning if it sucks, was there any idea like this? Man if they sale covers for front phone cameras imagine the cuts from this! :mrgreen:

Everybody's bodies are different and respond to these things in different ways. One person might be fine with a hamburger that's 99% grease content, and somebody else might get violently ill from it. To say nothing of allergies and the like.


Hmm seems like true to me, but I ate there before and it was ok the same thing.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:31 pm
by Captain J
Oooooh... Come to think of it, i also had the same problem after eating some chinese food before... Twice. Maybe their Cabbage caused all of this, but i just don't know. And yeah, i agree. I really wish i can examine their food before eating so i can be free from the Cursed enteritis...

EDIT: I was kinda bored, so i beat Action Doom 1 on Contra Difficulty. Of course, the process was not easy thanks to good ol' One-Hit Death mechanic. But was fairly challenging overall.
Screenshot_Doom_20190629_013446.png
And did i mention that i apparently have beaten Scuba Steve's High Score(337,602)? What a Surprise!

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 pm
by coltonrawr
The last things I did were trying to clean a bit and trying to smoosh Doom and Freedoom maps together into one big file (a la WadSmoosh, but even bigger). I have a minor issue with it, though, and that is with 'clearskills' even though I have nothing of the sort in the mapinfo. :grr:

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pm
by Vostyok
Had to give my laptop back today. No more DooM or modding for me.... :cry:

Spoiler: